AMIW

The Official April 22nd 2020 Jersey4Jersey Telly/Stream SetListVision thread

Still admire him too for going completely natural with his har coz a heartthrob like he was, that could be a hard thing to let go for many.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Trying to donate again but the website is 'under heavy load (queue full)'.  That means a lot of people are donating.  That's great.

Same here... we just got through now (the next afternoon!!!).   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Im behind ....But thought Bruce's voice sounded great ....he went for every high note.....And as always ....picks a wonderful song for the occasion. I wont lie ...i was a little verklempt.

Earlier in the day Mr RJM asked what I hoped he would play.  I said LOHAD without hesitation.  And yes, I cried.  A lot.  

Much more crying when he started (and throughout) Jersey Girl... 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

18 hours ago, jukebox said:

FFS Bruce... Look at Patti and sing it to her!

He gave her a heartfelt kiss at the end and commented about her being ‘his’ Jersey girl.   

I thought it was perfect. 

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Am I the only one, who noticed this, but at the beginning he spoke a few words. Somehow, his jaw looks strange to me. O.K. he´s getting older and we didn´t see him for a long time, but somehow……..<_<

13 minutes ago, GoingDown84 said:

Am I the only one, who noticed this, but at the beginning he spoke a few words. Somehow, his jaw looks strange to me. O.K. he´s getting older and we didn´t see him for a long time, but somehow……..<_<

He didn’t look ‘strange’ to me.  He looked sad.  Somber.  Serious.  

The vast majority of people everywhere, and certainly here in NJ, are naturally experiencing feelings like worry, fear, grief, and/or anxiety (to whatever degree; whatever you are going though personally); and I’m sure along with ‘general’ such feelings, he’s also very worried about his mom and his kids.  

I didn’t expect to see animated,  ‘concert’ Bruce.  His tone and affect were, to me, completely understandable and appropriate for what’s happening.  

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Just watched the whole thing - really enjoyed it. Obviously Bruce & Patti were the highlight, but I also really liked the dog...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something spiritual about the choice of songs and the performance too.

LOHAD is just the biggest kick up the ass we all need - an injection of hope , of our future and of all of our Bruce moments either listening or at a gig.

One of my most favourite songs and now has added meaning.

Jersey Girl - well I think he even had Tom Waits welling up, Amazing!

I have often been critical of Patti in the past but her vocals ( and guitar playing) on both songs were beautiful.

We live in an ever changing world and if any of us look at this and it is our last 'live' Bruce moment - it was a good one 

Stay safe and stay alive xx

• Bruuuuce! 2

6 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Still admire him too for going completely natural with his har coz a heartthrob like he was, that could be a hard thing to let go for many.  

Judging by the giant picture of his younger self he had on display, I'm not so sure he's let it go. 

• Haha 2

Still haven't seen a thing on this but do you mean color or bouffante, aka big hairspray hair?  Coz I don't ever remember a grey Jon Bon. 

4 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Still haven't seen a thing on this but do you mean color or bouffante, aka big hairspray hair?  Coz I don't ever remember a grey Jon Bon. 

In his studio, or wherever he was when he played his songs, to his right (left of screen) there was a huge black and white poster of him in his hair metal days. Cool pic, actually, but I thought it was weird. But then, most rock stars are a bit vain.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, misty rain said:

In his studio, or wherever he was when he played his songs, to his right (left of screen) there was a huge black and white poster of him in his hair metal days. Cool pic, actually, but I thought it was weird. But then, most rock stars are a bit vain.

Yes, I found that photo distracting.  Did he think we wouldn’t remember who he was?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

Do people not think "Land of Hope and Dreams" is good? Or do they simply think it's good and not think it's one of his all-time greats? (I think it's one of his all-time greats.) 

Some don't like it.

I don't know why. Some Springsteen fans don't like Darkness on The Edge Of Town album. Or don't like Rosalita.

I don't try and figure out why, and they're entitled to like or not like whatever they want, but I don't understand it (or relate to it) and personally disagree.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, misty rain said:

It’s his home studio in Colts Neck. The barn where they filmed Western Stars there as well.

59 minutes ago, maccawings said:

It’s his home studio in Colts Neck. The barn where they filmed Western Stars there as well.

Macca, I think misty was talking about JB Jovi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Macca, I think misty was talking about JB Jovi.

Oops, sorry, my mistake.  I think he was at another studio. I’ve been to John’s home studio, not as I remember it years ago

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kburke said:

Yes, I found that photo distracting.  Did he think we wouldn’t remember who he was?  :lol:

Exactly! :lol:

On 4/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, Jay777 said:

Enjoyed that - and I haven't had the chance to read through the whole thread - but is it me or he he having problems with his choppers? It sounds like he is singing out of one side of his mouth slightly - though maybe the two camera angles contribute to that? Also not being able to get to the hairdressers and the botox shop during lock down, never mind the general physiological impact of isolation and the routine changes it brings - mean that he looks his age - which of course is fine. It does make me wonder whether we will see him in stadia again. Part of me hopes we don't for his sake. He'd clearly be so much better served by working theatres and small arenas going forward. Otherwise the E Street Band will be his artistic and physical downfall, if they are his bankable mass chips. 

Yes, I noticed it too. I thought he sounded fine, but I cannot deny that I was really surprised by his appearance. He looked old and frail in a way he never has. That would be normal for his age, obviously, but it surprised me because the contrast with the last couple of times we saw him is huge. Just 4 months ago, at the Sting & Friends concert (see below), he looked tour-ready. And he looked fine at Light of Day in January too. I also noticed what you said about his teeth. It looked like he had badly fitting dentures, honestly...

I'm really not trying to be negative. It was nice that he did this, good to see him, and his voice was fine. Just hope he's doing okay all around...

). 

10 minutes ago, Hitchslap said:

Yes, I noticed it too. I thought he sounded fine, but I cannot deny that I was really surprised by his appearance. He looked old and frail in a way he never has. That would be normal for his age, obviously, but it surprised me because the contrast with the last couple of times we saw him is huge. Just 4 months ago, at the Sting & Friends concert (see below), he looked tour-ready. And he looked fine at Light of Day in January too. I also noticed what you said about his teeth. It looked like he had badly fitting dentures, honestly...

I'm really not trying to be negative. It was nice that he did this, good to see him, and his voice was fine. Just hope he's doing okay all around...

). 

im 47 and these strange days we are all finding our selves living in makes me feel old and frail

i don't just have grey roots

they are white like my grandma's hair and she was 76 and had lived through the depression and two world wars

• Like 1

I just watched the performances of LOHAD and Jersey Girl on YouTube and think that Bruce's voice sounded fantastic! 

Personally, I love LOHAD to bits! Man, it gives me Brucebumps, the LINYC version in particular... :wub: However, I would not say it's one of the greatest songs ever written and I totally understand not every fan likes it. But it's nice to know there are other LOHAD lovers out there 'cause I sometimes feel like I'm the only one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Janey* said:

I just watched the performances of LOHAD and Jersey Girl on YouTube and think that Bruce's voice sounded fantastic! 

Personally, I love LOHAD to bits! Man, it gives me Brucebumps, the LINYC version in particular... :wub: However, I would not say it's one of the greatest songs ever written and I totally understand not every fan likes it. But it's nice to know there are other LOHAD lovers out there 'cause I sometimes feel like I'm the only one.

You are definitely not the only one!  And I too thought he sounded fantastic... 

On a side note...thinking something is the  “greatest,” (or ‘best’ or ‘worst’) is, of course, subjective.  

I personally don’t know any fan who doesn’t like or love it.   But if you don’t like it, obviously no prob at all... 

• Like 2