Greasy Lake Community

The Official April 22nd 2020 Jersey4Jersey Telly/Stream SetListVision thread

I hate for my reply to come straight after my pal above ^^^.  I'm a bit late listening to these two songs but I have now, twice through. 

I love Bruce,  I love Patti.  Let me be clear on that :) And the most important part of this programme was raising money, I know that :)

But those performances did nothing for me. I liked Jersey Girl slightly better than LOHAD, but not much. Patti's harmonising/singing was just as and when she felt like it (my opinion only) and why on earth does she continually look at Bruce's guitar? Doesn't she know how to play those two songs? Bruce looks weary (don't we all?).

Oh, this sounds as if I'm bashing them both.  I'm not. I must be lockdown-crazy :(

• Like 3
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone hope you are all keeping well and safe . I just had to see Bruce singing from NJ .

Watched it now several times. It's not the same as being there when it happens, but I can now sit here and bawl uninterrupted - it's just so beautiful.

because it had to be done

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I hate for my reply to come straight after my pal above ^^^.  I'm a bit late listening to these two songs but I have now, twice through. 

I love Bruce,  I love Patti.  Let me be clear on that :) And the most important part of this programme was raising money, I know that :)

But those performances did nothing for me. I liked Jersey Girl slightly better than LOHAD, but not much. Patti's harmonising/singing was just as and when she felt like it (my opinion only) and why on earth does she continually look at Bruce's guitar? Doesn't she know how to play those two songs? Bruce looks weary (don't we all?).

Oh, this sounds as if I'm bashing them both.  I'm not. I must be lockdown-crazy :(

It doesn't sound like you're bashing at all, you're listing your observations - there's a huge difference and I assume sane folks can tell the difference.  If Bruce looks weary to you, how is that possibly bashing?  

Besides, according to BTX, he looks so bad he's had a stroke.  You're not even close to saying that janey!

• Like 1
On 4/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, misty rain said:

In his studio, or wherever he was when he played his songs, to his right (left of screen) there was a huge black and white poster of him in his hair metal days. Cool pic, actually, but I thought it was weird. But then, most rock stars are a bit vain.

My brother texted me..."Bon Jerky has a poster of himself in the background."  :lol:

• Haha 3
On 4/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, GoingDown84 said:

Am I the only one, who noticed this, but at the beginning he spoke a few words. Somehow, his jaw looks strange to me. O.K. he´s getting older and we didn´t see him for a long time, but somehow……..<_<

I showed it to my dad and first thing he said...Bruce might have dentures now. He said when he talked his voice slurred a bit and could be why his jaw looks different. He pointed out Joe Biden, who clearly has dentures, has a different looking jaw that a few years ago. 

• Like 1
On 4/25/2020 at 5:45 AM, Hitchslap said:

Yes, I noticed it too. I thought he sounded fine, but I cannot deny that I was really surprised by his appearance. He looked old and frail in a way he never has. That would be normal for his age, obviously, but it surprised me because the contrast with the last couple of times we saw him is huge. Just 4 months ago, at the Sting & Friends concert (see below), he looked tour-ready. And he looked fine at Light of Day in January too. I also noticed what you said about his teeth. It looked like he had badly fitting dentures, honestly...

I'm really not trying to be negative. It was nice that he did this, good to see him, and his voice was fine. Just hope he's doing okay all around...

). 

First comment my dad made was that Bruce has dentures. Why his jaw looks different and when he talked he slurred his speech a bit. He said Joe Biden's jaw looks different now due to dentures and you notice him slur his words at times. We need this virus to go away so Bruce can do what he does best. Bruce is Popeye and the stage is his spinach. Sitting around the house like this is something I am sure makes him antsy like it does for all of us. He sounded great though. I don't think anyone is being negative. Bruce is nearing 71...still looks in great shape. 

• Like 2

Don't think I'd ever be able to pick someone out who has dentures.  

But guess this is the new norm now, every time we see Bruce there will be comments how old and frail he looks, that he's had a mini-stroke and that he's slurry coz of dentures.  

3 hours ago, berlintramp said:

If he had dentures and was "slurring his words" because of it, he would have very BAD dentures.

As I'm sure he could afford the best, I doubt there is anything to it.

Even the best ones, I'm sure he'd need to get used to them. 

I didn't notice anything unusual about his appearance the first time I watched it. After reading comments here and elsewhere,  I rewatched, and my first thought was also he'd had something done with his teeth. Which, considering his age, wouldn't be unusual. It's also common for people to lose weight if they haven't been able to eat well due to dental work, so maybe he's lost a few pounds. 

Overall, I thought he looked and sounded pretty well.

8 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Didn’t sound like you were bashing.  Things don’t always hit us the same way.  

I’ve watched the performances of both songs a few times.  Still really loved them, and had the same emotional response as when I watched it live.  

But if, for whatever reason you didn’t... you didn’t.  

• Like 1

I don't see anything particularly strange in his jaw. A little tense, the only thing. The same is stressed and bothers him (it happens to me). It may also be that his jaw is giving him some trouble, remember that he have had surgery on it. But come on, I don't see anything alarming and ... Micro-spill? What?

6 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

I would have loved if Bruce had played something new, or just something bold... 

This did nothing for me.

Sorry you were disappointed.  

I personally was looking for comfort, and LOHAD with its many lines that provide many reminders of support and hope did just that.  

And since it was a benefit to help NJ (on many levels), Jersey Girl was, IMO, THE perfect song.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Sorry you were disappointed.  

I personally was looking for comfort, and LOHAD with its many lines that provide many reminders of support and hope did just that.  

And since it was a benefit to help NJ (on many levels), Jersey Girl was, IMO, THE perfect song.  

I understand the song choice. And in terms of the event itself, it made perfect sense.

It’s just that, musically, I would have preferred something different...