Greasy Lake Community

The Official April 22nd 2020 Jersey4Jersey Telly/Stream SetListVision thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone hope you are all keeping well and safe . I just had to see Bruce singing from NJ .

Watched it now several times. It's not the same as being there when it happens, but I can now sit here and bawl uninterrupted - it's just so beautiful.

because it had to be done

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I think that's a MUCH better song than most people give it credit for.

I was thrilled to get to see it in concert.

Do people not think "Land of Hope and Dreams" is good? Or do they simply think it's good and not think it's one of his all-time greats? (I think it's one of his all-time greats.) 

• Like 4

Bruce and Patti were superb.

He sounds in great voice and to be honest looked and sounded a lot better than he has done recently.

Good song choices for the occasion, although a bit disappointed that he didn''t include my favourite line from Jersey Girl..."we're gonna take that little brat of your's and drop her off  at your mom's" !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, MacBruce said:

He sounds in great voice and to be honest looked and sounded a lot better than he has done recently.

Good song choices for the occasion, although a bit disappointed that he didn''t include my favourite line from Jersey Girl..."we're gonna take that little brat of your's and drop her off  at your mom's" !!

I never liked that bit. He's got kids of his own now … :)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I think that's a MUCH better song than most people give it credit for.

I was thrilled to get to see it in concert.

Damn Straight. I was thrilled.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Yeah. That line is one that Bruce added (popped up in another song, too). Although Waits referred to 'whores on Eighth Avenue' in the original and Bruce changed it.

3 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

Do people not think "Land of Hope and Dreams" is good? Or do they simply think it's good and not think it's one of his all-time greats? (I think it's one of his all-time greats.) 

Neither good nor great in my opinion.  When played live with the band, even Bruce got confused... it opens with “grab your ticket...” but then ends with “you don’t need no ticket...”

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I never liked that bit. He's got kids of his own now … :)

It's a true to life-line, because that's what happens in a not so ideal world. At least there's a mom you can take the kid to. Before Corona!

• Like 1