I's probably go along with most of the choices, but since I have a long standing dislike of the fact that he needlessly rocked up what was an already brilliant song in it's original form in Youngstown, I would take that out. Kitty's back is also a bit hit or miss for me. As Demos said, the guitar work on the song Human Touch and others on that otherwise poor album is excellent. Bruce is a superb guitarist when he puts his mind to it.

• Like 1

I mostly agree, though the Live '78-'85 wouldn't be my choice for Because The Night, and Youngstown wouldn't be up there.

Regardless of the sources listed,

my top 5 would be: Kitty's Back, Adam Raised A Cain, Prove It All Night ('78) (Atlanta is the best probably), Streets Of Fire, and Because The Night absolutely.

Then I'd have probably Restless Nights as another one of the best, and Candy's Room. Maybe Roulette after those.

• Like 2

I always rated the live BUSA guitar outro. In particular from the later part of the Tunnel of Love Tour.

• Like 4

My favourite Bruce guitar is on the live outro to Incident. Prefer this to the full on style in most of the five songs listed. Also think his guitar playing on I Wish I Were Blind, is some of his best.

• Like 6

Would swap Streets Of Fire for Adam Raised A Cain. Even if the Darkness Tour versions of Streets Of Fire are indeed something special.

The best version of Prove It All Night is Atlanta 30 September 1978.

As said in previous posts, there is some great guitar work on songs you would not think about at first minute; like Cover Me.

Edit: no one mentioned the ending of Saint In The City yet; not one of the 5 greatest maybe, but great for sure.

And the guitar solo in Candy's Room of course.:)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I didn't read that list, wanted to see how close I get.

1. Prove it All Night 9/20/78

2. Because the Night 9/19/78

3. My Love Will Not Let You Down- Leeds

4. Murder Inc. NYC 2000

5. Adam Raised a Cain St. Louis 2008

• Like 3

Can’t limit it to 5. But I entirely agree with the playing on HT being stellar. The list itself is ok but swap out Youngstown (it’s Nils anyway) for the Nassau Incident.

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Would swap Streets Of Fire for Adam Raised A Cain. Even if the Darkness Tour versions of Streets Of Fire are indeed something special.

The best version of Prove It All Night is Atlanta 30 September 1978.

As said in previous posts, there is some great guitar work on songs you would not think about at first minute; like Cover Me.

Edit: no one mentioned the ending of Saint In The City yet; not one of the 5 greatest maybe, but great for sure.

And the guitar solo in Candy's Room of course.:)

thank you

i couldnt listen last night and i wasc frustrated not being able to put my finger on it but all the vivid 19 crap has effected my memory for more pleasent things 

i adore Nils (and Steve) but in my wildest dreams Bruce plays all the lead guitar parts all the time

and no disrespect intended to either of them - this is just my fantasy where Bruce plays the whole show with his shirt off 

Nils and Steve are still most welcome to shake some maracas or a tambourine or C's triangle and cowbell and generally look pretty 

and as far as C is concerned - and no disrespect to young Jake - but id like Bruce to play all C's parts on guitar or harmonica

On 4/26/2020 at 4:15 AM, soulcrusader78 said:

Prove It All Night ('78) (Atlanta is the best probably)

This whole Atlanta show is hot. Good choice

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Just put on the Paramount Darkness DVD.

ill be right over :)

• Haha 1

I don't think of Bruce's music as guitar music at all, but when I hear "Bruce" and "guitar" in the same sentence Adam Raised a Cain is the first track that comes to mind.

• Like 2