My 17 year old daughter has shown me how to share you tube videos, so thought I'd give it a go with this!

The guitar solo at the end is the icing on the cake to a brilliant song.

Still waiting to hear this song live... could be a while yet!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I'd have thought Backstreets would have been mentioned (I've seen it praised as "impossibly fluid" for one). Also, I've always found solo on the bootleg version of None But The Brave to be very good.

I read somewhere that the solo on American Skin (in 2000) was noteworthy for its abstractness (can't remember where I read that).

Incident from the War 12" is definitely one that should be included. That solo would be an overdub, as well, no? Not that it matters, because it's entirely amazing.

I also think Shut Out The Lights (studio) Darkness (live) and The Promised Land (live) should have been mentioned as examples of acoustic playing - not flashy or showy, just extremely efficient.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:36 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

last time i wanted a guitar record i ended up with Tom Morrelo ........

I saw Tom Morello supporting Muse at Manchester last June and quite frankly he was brilliant. Totally unexpected. And yes he played the High Hopes version of GOTJ with the solo that gives some Springsteen fans a blue fit ('It's too technical":angry:, "It's just special effects" :angry: blah, blah" . 

See below. Some UK fans will enjoy what happens around the 4:15  minutes mark. Some won't

4 hours ago, Demos said:

I saw Tom Morello supporting Muse at Manchester last June and quite frankly he was brilliant. Totally unexpected. And yes he played the High Hopes version of GOTJ with the solo that gives some Springsteen fans a blue fit ('It's too technical":angry:, "It's just special effects" :angry: blah, blah" . 

See below. Some UK fans will enjoy what happens around the 4:15  minutes mark. Some won't

well glad you enjoyed it:)

andvi had to do some googling 

5 hours ago, Demos said:

It IS mostly clever effects. Still fucking brilliant.