Greasy Lake Community

Comedy albums

JimCT

Remember those? Before comedy videos were common, because there were only three networks. My first, shamelessly stolen from my mother. From 1960 - Eisenhower was still President :o 

The_Button-Down_Mind_of_Bob_Newhart.png

Two of the six skits are among the best ever written: the Driving Instructor, and baseball.

Abner Doubleday

• Like 3

Later I discovered the Firesign Theater. Combioned witht he proper mood-altering materials, many a night were spent with friends reciting along with these gems. The Further Adventures of Nick Danger, Third Eye

---------------

My father used to play Bill Cosby's records repeatedly in the Seventies and early Eighties. I remember when the Cosby Show came to SA, I couldn't believe it was the same guy, and I could now actually SEE him.

It saddens me that you now can't talk about him and what happened to him. Those records were so good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

My father used to play Bill Cosby's records repeatedly in the Seventies and early Eighties. I remember when the Cosby Show came to SA, I couldn't believe it was the same guy, and I could now actually SEE him.

It saddens me that you now can't talk about him and what happened to him. Those records were so good.

Woopah woopah woopah (ding) Noah

1 hour ago, JimCT said:

Remember those? Before comedy videos were common, because there were only three networks. My first, shamelessly stolen from my mother. From 1960 - Eisenhower was still President :o 

Twenty years ago Bob Newhart played York Barbican. I didn't go because I had to be up really early the next morning,

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, JimCT said:

Two of the six skits are among the best ever written: the Driving Instructor, and baseball.

Abner Doubleday

I still enjoy listening to comedy albums. I have the full George Carlin and Bob Newhart discographies and a handful of others.

when i was 12 (1983)

(i think when i was 12 i had the most fun of my whole life)

my friend would play her dad's record of some stand up talking about the word fuck and its many uses in the Englishman language 

it was so funny

have no idea what it was 

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

when i was 12 (1983)

(i think when i was 12 i had the most fun of my whole life)

my friend would play her dad's record of some stand up talking about the word fuck and its many uses in the Englishman language 

it was so funny

have no idea what it was 

Sounds like it might have been George Carlin?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1