Greasy Lake Community

For the JAMES MADDOCK supporters among us.

Promise61

I could have sworn that we had a James M thread on the go here once, but I can't find it.

So here's an alert to an online show from James on Sunday, and also drawing attention to a situation that and hundreds of independent artists find themselves in at the moment - a lack of income. It's like we're buying tickets to see him play.  A great idea.  This from his FB page.

"Hey everybody. Hope you are all ok despite the Corona chaos! Since live gigs are not gonna happen for a while I’m gonna do two Facebook Live Concerts on Sunday May 3rd at 1PM EDT for the UK and Europe, and at 5PM EDT for North America here on my FB page. As you probably realize no gigs means no income so I’ve gotta try and raise some money. I asked my landlord for a break but to my amazement he told me to f$&k off !  I know most of you are in the same boat so either way just tune in and sing along , If you'd like to make a contribution you can do so here via Paypal:https://www.paypal.me/jamesmaddockmusic?locale.x=en_US or Venmo: https://venmo.com/James-Maddock-1. Looking forward to virtually seeing you all on May 3rd!"

Two sets yesterday. One at lunchtime, one in the evening. First set had some technical issues, but the second set was superb. In the informal settings of their own homes these artists are giving away a little more of themselves, I think.