New Archive: 7/9/81 E. Rutherford, NJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...Not to mention the spot on Johnny Bye Bye and then Racing. I have wanted this show for so long. I remember reading the setlist and reading about it when they published the setlists of all the shows

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,24818/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-7-9-1981-Brendan-Byrne-Arena-East-Rutherford-NJ.html Bruce Springsteen - Lead vocal, gu

Its so easy to fall in love with the first set here. Its intense and powerful to be sure. I started playing the 2nd set and encores all day yesterday, and currently started listening again this m

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Sound quality is streets ahead of Wembley '81. The Ties That Bind does sound incredible.

That bodes well. I actually think Wembley 81 is one of the very best sounding releases in the entire archive series. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Sound quality is streets ahead of Wembley '81. The Ties That Bind does sound incredible.

I have to admit, I don't have the ear for this, but as of right now this download is better sound quality than Wembley. 

Ties That Bind sounds like it's played today, and not so tinny. Like being played in a tin can. As other have sounded. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That bodes well. I actually think Wembley 81 is one of the very best sounding releases in the entire archive series. 

Interesting. I was really disappointed by Wembley, finding the sound mix overall very muddy. I'm not an audiophile, or expert, but this release does sound a lot cleaner, and crisper, in the mix. I can't really crank the volume just yet to check, but this sounds like it might be in the top five sound wise.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Yeah Wembley was a shame. Such an fantastic show too.

In the mix I hear, loud drums, loud Bruce vox, loud Bruce gtr, loud piano.  As I said somewhere else, Danny is a phantom here.  Altschiller has buried him.  Overall, to my ears, not an awful mix.  Not a great one either.

Loved the firecracker bit!  Don't mess with Bruce, he knows people.

• Like 4

As mentioned earlier, the proceeds from this release goes towards the Pandemic Relief.  If you can swing it both financially and have the disk space to spare, this may be a good time to pick up the FLAC/ALAC HD version.  The FLAC HD version weighs in at 5.72 GB.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

In the mix I hear, loud drums, loud Bruce vox, loud Bruce gtr, loud piano.  As I said somewhere else, Danny is a phantom here.  Altschiller has buried him.  Overall, to my ears, not an awful mix.  Not a great one either.

Johnny Bye Bye is the only one where Danny isn't buried completely

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,24818/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-7-9-1981-Brendan-Byrne-Arena-East-Rutherford-NJ.html

Bruce Springsteen - Lead vocal, guitar, harmonica; Roy Bittan - Piano, synthesizer; Clarence Clemons - Tenor and baritone saxophones, percussion, backing vocal; Danny Federici - Organ, glockenspiel; Garry Tallent - Bass; Stevie Van Zandt - Electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocal; Max Weinberg - Drums

Additional Musicians: Gary U.S. Bonds co-lead vocal on “Jolé Blon,” lead vocal on “This Little Girl”

Recorded with Record Plant Remote Truck by Toby Scott, assisted by David Bianco, Jack Crymes and Jim Scott

Original live recording production by Chuck Plotkin

24-track, 30 IPS reel-to-reel tapes transferred and restored by Jamie Howarth, Plangent Processes

Mixed by Jon Altschiller; Additional engineering: Danielle Warman

Mastered by Jon Altschiller

Post Production by Brad Serling and Micah Gordon

Art Design by Michelle Holme

Cover Photo by Jim Marchese

Tour Director: George Travis

Jon Landau Management: Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, Jan Stabile and Alison Oscar

HD files are 24-bit / 192 kHz. Audiophile DSD files are DSD128

Read essay by Erik Flannigan

AMAZING!!!

bs810709_01.jpg

We finally got it, Buddahbone: Summer 81

• Like 3

After a full first listen I can say what a great choice to release this show. Also great versions of Jungleland and Racing in the street. The great energy between Bruce and the audience with some shivering singalongs. This show is an instant classic!! I am really happy to have this show and support the Pandemic Relief fund. 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I think it sounds really good. I mean I wish that Winterland 12/16 only sounded this good. But yeah not perfect; I don't know what it is about the original bootleg recording of Trapped, but it packs more of an emotional punch for me than the one on this. I can't explain it. I mean it sounds fine on here, but the recording I've been used to, it's stronger. When Clarence starts into his solo on the older soundboard recording, you can feel the crowd's thrill, their excitement right there.

I guess if one hadn't heard the older version they wouldn't be missing anything.

I can hear Danny on Johnny Bye Bye also.

The firecracker bit was great.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, soulcrusader78 said:

When Clarence starts into his solo on the older soundboard recording, you can feel the crowd's thrill, their excitement right there.

I guess if one hadn't heard the older version they wouldn't be missing anything.

This recording is all I know, and it's wonderful! Love this download! On par with 12/29/80-12/31/80 not quite. :P

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
42 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I think it sounds really good. I mean I wish that Winterland 12/16 only sounded this good. But yeah not perfect; I don't know what it is about the original bootleg recording of Trapped, but it packs more of an emotional punch for me than the one on this. I can't explain it. I mean it sounds fine on here, but the recording I've been used to, it's stronger. When Clarence starts into his solo on the older soundboard recording, you can feel the crowd's thrill, their excitement right there.

I can hear Danny on Johnny Bye Bye also.

The firecracker bit was great.

What bootleg soulcrusader78?

This is why I am stone cold e street for life. These hidden worlds that shine. OMFG.

I have never loved an archive release instantly until now.

TR, PIAN, TTB....power and punch.

• Like 7
  • Bruuuuce! 1
43 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

This is why I am stone cold e street for life. These hidden worlds that shine. OMFG.

I have never loved an archive release instantly until now.

TR, PIAN, TTB....power and punch.

And you got your Racing to boot, Buddhabone.

listening now to prove finishing up and going into Ties

This show shows the promise of the archives.

There was never a stellar audience recording from this stand (7/3 probably the best) so this release really satisfies in so many ways. 

• Like 6