New Archive: 7/9/81 E. Rutherford, NJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...Not to mention the spot on Johnny Bye Bye and then Racing. I have wanted this show for so long. I remember reading the setlist and reading about it when they published the setlists of all the shows

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,24818/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-7-9-1981-Brendan-Byrne-Arena-East-Rutherford-NJ.html Bruce Springsteen - Lead vocal, gu

Its so easy to fall in love with the first set here. Its intense and powerful to be sure. I started playing the 2nd set and encores all day yesterday, and currently started listening again this m

Posted Images

so who else was at this show ?

i need to know who im listening out for Bruuuuuuuuceing ;)

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Amateurs.

now is a great time for JLM to hire an out of work marketing graduate ...or a holiday job for a first year

13 minutes ago, Outlaw Darin said:

Do you guys think they have any official recordings from the Philly Spectrum run right after this?

good question.

I don't know but in my opinion, unlike previous and future tours, I don't think the 81 Philly shows stand out like they do on other tours. I know that's blasphemy to many, and there are great moments from Philly 81, and a great fan recording from 7/15, but the philly 81 shows were typically shorter than many other shows from the summer, understanding that's only one of many factors in gauging a show.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

This is why I am stone cold e street for life. These hidden worlds that shine. OMFG.

I have never loved an archive release instantly until now.

TR, PIAN, TTB....power and punch.

Summer of '81 was a whole different ball game. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
25 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Boredom strikes again, made a poster for the stand

CDHxheF.png

we should all write you a reference and see if we can get you a job at JLM

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

hearing Steve always cheers me up :)

Hard to comprehend that a little more than two months later Bruce and Steven would not play together in a band for 18 years :(

And i think someone already said this but im too lazy to look ....But that is the best Ties That Bind i've ever heard ...My god they were were unbelievable .....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

we should all write you a reference and see if we can get you a job at JLM

If I keep making the better covers, I'll either get an email with a graphic design job opportunity, or an email telling me to stop with a C&D attached

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
42 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Hard to comprehend that a little more than two months later Bruce and Steven would not play together in a band for 18 years :(

And i think someone already said this but im too lazy to look ....But that is the best Ties That Bind i've ever heard ...My god they were were unbelievable .....

shit biscuit !;)

one of those

:(

:)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rumble said:

What bootleg soulcrusader78?

The songs on the I Don't Wanna Go Home go home one.

You can briefly hear the crowd go nuts/be totally thrilled on it, when Clarence starts into the solo on Trapped, which coincidentally is the song with my favorite of all of Clarence's solos, as it's the most moving for me, has been my choice for my favorite solo of his for like 30 years or more.

• Like 1

as someone that generally only gets shows i have been too i am tempted with this one but its a bit close to wembley show which i got cos everybody raved about it,is it so much better?i have so much bruce bootlegs they can often can get lost in the flood, but this makes me laugh

DOWNLOAD THE MP3 AND GET CD IN THE MAIL FOR ONLY $18.05 MORE

glad i never bother with cds anymore, although i do burn a copy to put in my hideaway

Loved the Wembley 1981 release, but I will be getting this CD as well due to the cause as much as anything.

• Like 2

The Opening 3 pack of You Can Look/Caddy and Sherry is absolutely amazing ..... and Another absolutely ridiculous in its greatness Detroit Medley .....

I did have questions about some of the odd instrumentation in the choruses of Trapped ....I guess its Danny .....But i am not sure i like it .....so different than the We Are The World version .....

Oh ....and I miss Patti's high notes on Trapped Also :ph34r:

• Like 1

Listened through once. Excellent performance, excellent sound quality. I noticed some unusual phrasing throughout, and maybe that is a result of Bruce's voice not being 100%? It's most noticeable on Who'll Stop The Rain, and 'those memories come back to haunt me' on The River, where he doesn't even attempt to go for the usual note.

• Like 2

Making my way through this release.  So far it seems like Clarence's sax solo entrances at the end of "Thunder Road" and even "Prove It All Night" are mixed a little low.

Also is this the slowwwwwwwest version of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" ever?

Otherwise it is proving a very solid entry in the Archive Series!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Making my way through this release.  So far it seems like Clarence's sax solo entrances at the end of "Thunder Road" and even "Prove It All Night" are mixed a little low.

Also is this the slowwwwwwwest version of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" ever?

Otherwise it is proving a very solid entry in the Archive Series!

Agree about Clarence ....I am enjoying some of the Roy flourishes that are mixed a little higher than usual though

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Listened through once. Excellent performance, excellent sound quality. I noticed some unusual phrasing throughout, and maybe that is a result of Bruce's voice not being 100%? It's most noticeable on Who'll Stop The Rain, and 'those memories come back to haunt me' on The River, where he doesn't even attempt to go for the usual note.

I was very disappointed with the phrasing on Ramrod

It'll be interesting to hear performances from earlier in the stand, but it was only my first listen through. I'm looking forward to spending some time with this release through out the month.

• Like 1