Greasy Lake Community

Thundercrack, Rosalita, Light of Day; Tenth Avenue, Mary's Place, American Land, My City of Ruins.

Forgot something?

Edit: which song on the WB Tour after MCOR was dropped, or at least not played every show anymore?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Lampi said:

Thundercrack, Rosalita, Light of Day; Tenth Avenue, Mary's Place, American Land.

Forgot something?

Glory days in 92/93

11 minutes ago, CM said:

Glory days in 92/93

Not Light of Day? Just shows how long ago I heard a 1992-1993 show-or a Seeger show (during Open All Night?).

Can't also remember from the 1993 show and the Seeger show I saw in person.

6 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Not Light of Day? Just shows how long ago I heard a 1992-1993 show-or a Seeger show (during Open All Night?).

Can't also remember from the 1993 show and the Seeger show I saw in person.

100% Glory Days. Don't have a clue about the Seeger Tour though

What was the band introduction song on the BUSA Tour after Rosalita was dropped?

Travelin' Band?

I think there were also some shows on the BUSA Tour without band introductions.

49 minutes ago, Spanish Juannie said:

Also which songs were snippeted DURING the intros, such as Macho Man as one example ?

Would a long list for the Reunion Tour (Tenth Avenue).

The Mary's Place one was awful. Never been fond of the song in general to be honest, but when it was used for the Band intros during the Rising Tour it went even lower in my estimation. Seemed to go on forever.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Lampi said:

What was the band introduction song on the BUSA Tour after Rosalita was dropped?

Travelin' Band?

Glory Days?

07.08.85 Cleveland, OH, intro to ´´Ramrod´´
´´Let me introduce you to my buddies….Roy Bittan on the piano….Patti Scialfa on the vocals ….Garry Tallent on the bass….Max Weinberg on the drums….Dan Federici on the organ…. Nils Lofgren on the guitar….and do I have to say his name? (crowd: ´No´) Big Man Clarence Clemons on the saxophone….now that we´ve been formally introduced….´´

the-e-street-band-1984-1989.jpg.5bfc87c0ebef9fb7c42fea838e51af44.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1

1973-01-09 WBCN Studio, Boston, MA, Circus Song
Bruce:  Where's the band? Bring the band back on! I'll introduce the band. On two I have my second cousin Garry Tallent, from Asbury Park, N.J., and on accordion there's someone I found playing in the audience of a (?) show, Danny Federici. Play's thing Danny … very nice, very nice, thank you!" "And on the saxophone I have my brother, Clarence Clemons, on radio you don't have to explain that!" "Okay… Okay! This is our very first show on radio and I wanna say hello to my mother who's in California". "Hi, mom …" "Allright! And we're gonna play a song about these little carnivals who come around to your grammar schools and set up in the parking lot. This is a kind of behind the scenes of adventure stories"

• Love Love Love! 1
6 hours ago, MacBruce said:

The Mary's Place one was awful. Never been fond of the song in general to be honest, but when it was used for the Band intros during the Rising Tour it went even lower in my estimation. Seemed to go on forever.

Far out man, far out! The Mary's Place 2002-2003 band introduction was leading into a snippet of Baby, I've Been Missing You 

I bet you will not find a more poignant E-Street introduction ever ...

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Lampi said:

Travelin' Band?

He would sometimes go without an intro. Other times he'd introduce the band during the Detroit Medley, right after the Travelling band portion of the song, and in 85 he would introduce the band before Ramrod.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Glory Days?

No. Glory Days was -on the BUSA Tour- 'about getting old' - He was already 35 years old!!!- (see Paris 1985 video for details) and about the 3 things he was good at (one of them was playing the guitar, and for the 3rd one he was still looking  for some volunteers).

Or was that the introductie to I'm Goin' Down?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lampi said:

No. Glory Days was -on the BUSA Tour- 'about getting old' - He was already 35 years old!!!- (see Paris 1985 video for details) and about the 3 things he was good at (one of them was playing the guitar, and for the 3rd one he was still looking  for some volunteers).

No you got it. The introduction to I'm Goin' Down was more of a "let me summarize this song before I play it" thing.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2020 at 2:56 PM, Lampi said:

You got it, when I looked back I remembered it was about getting old.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, HeroOfVirtue said:

American Land. Unless I've lost my mind.

American Land yes.

In the good doc.Zooms deffence though, he's absence from the only norwegian show in 2007 was more than valid, which kind of explains the above. ;)