Greasy Lake Community

Waitin' on a Sunny Day by Asbury Park Musicians

I think it was, but not sure either.  I saw it on both twitter and insta via Bruce with that quote attached; so I may be confusing sources! 

Either way, thanks for posting.  I just loved this and watched it a few times... xo

• Like 3

Jarod said Joe was up the whole night putting the video together so I’m so happy that he got to hear how much Bruce appreciated it! :) It’s such an uplifting song for right now. I also find myself listening to Lonesome Day a lot lately, and most of The Rising actually.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

This is why I always come back to Springsteen songs- even the ones I don’t like. This was always a throwaway song to me (the only one I think about skipping on Magic) but our current situation makes this song somewhat poignant. I still don’t particularly like it, but at least now it has a purpose.

16 hours ago, Jertucky said:

This is why I always come back to Springsteen songs- even the ones I don’t like. This was always a throwaway song to me (the only one I think about skipping on Magic) but our current situation makes this song somewhat poignant. I still don’t particularly like it, but at least now it has a purpose.

Its not on Magic

19 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I still don’t particularly like it, but at least now it has a purpose.

It originally had a purpose - just got bent out of all recognition during the concerts.

This version's pleasant enough. Nice to see them all doing this together.

• Like 1

I always loved this song. It has cheesy lyrics yes but in tone and performance it perfectly captures the essence of what Springsteen at his very best was about - and if I try to explain what I mean by that I'll start sounding cheesy, so I won't. 

Loved this version and I always preferred this song (actually written well before 9/11) to some of the more 'serious'  songs on the Rising where forced sentimentality and cliche take precedent over quality. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Its not on Magic

Odd........ not sure where that came from. I wish I could blame it on drinking but that was a sober post.