Greasy Lake Community

When was Bruce's last power slide?

10 hours ago, 1651997 said:

The last time I remember him doing that was on the Superbowl Halftime Show in 2009.

I wondered if Patti banned him after what happened at the Superbowl

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ibbhomero said:

And while we're at it, Bruce hasn't been down the microphone pole or up on the piano on Tenth Avenue since 2014, has he?

Actually he did sit atop Billy Joel's piano on 7/18/18 at MSG while they sang 10th Avenue. I dont know if that counts or not because he never came to a standing position...

22 hours ago, rockaway88 said:

Actually he did sit atop Billy Joel's piano on 7/18/18 at MSG while they sang 10th Avenue. I dont know if that counts or not because he never came to a standing position...

And he fell off the piano in one of his most ridiculous (if not the most) moments of his musical career. I think he was in a very low physical state, when he was fatter on Broadway. So no, it doesn't count that day!

3 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Dunno when it was but I do know it ain't likely to ever happen again.  

Aging blows. 

I would settle for Bruce being able to continue taking a little run, jump a little in DITD, club the guitar in Shout (although I'm a little tired of that concert closing) and ... Is it too much to ask to be carried away by the crowd? Come on, it's just lying down ...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ibbhomero said:

Is it too much to ask to be carried away by the crowd? Come on, it's just lying down ...

Going into the crowd will probably not happen (anymore) in the post-corona world, by any artist, young or old.

Edit: and also things like catwalks into the crowd, a second mini-stage; all these things will not happen anymore.

• Like 1
Just now, Lampi said:

Going into the crowd will probably not happen (anymore) in the post-corona world, by any artist, young or old.

Do not feel guilty, but that you have reminded me that will lead me to empty a small bottle of liquor. Alcoholic at my age. It will look nice to you :(

Listening to The Ghost of Tom Joad album, at this time -02.00. a.m. CET- with all the lights out and a bottle of whiskey near you.

Then to get further depressed you can listen to a few Townes Van Zandt albums (even if Townes threw in the occasional joke during his live shows).

If you need something to cheer you up after Joad, you can listen to Tom Waits' The Heart of Saturday Night.

Or you can listen to Johnny Cash' American Recordings albums.

But I doubt if that would look nice to me.

And you can't see how it looks in the dark anyway.

• Like 1