Greasy Lake Community

What the hell is a 'soul fairy band' ?

29 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

He could bowl a Shane Warne at you, make you look like a fool boy.

Cue Mike Gatting footage...

There has already been a brilliant song about that very delivery...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

some guy i never heard of suggests curve ball for glory days

https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/bruce-springsteen-glory-days-lyrics-speedball-no.html

Well, now everyone is a songwriter and a poet. B)

If Bruce needed suggestions on songwriting from baseball fans or more or less unknown sportwriters we wouldn't discuss details in a song he wrote more than 35 years ago. People like them should know their place. Simple as that. If Dylan expressed his opinion on the matter I am sure Springsteen would listen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Well, now everyone is a songwriter and a poet. B)

If Bruce needed suggestions on songwriting from baseball fans or more or less unknown sportwriters we wouldn't discuss details in a song he wrote more than 35 years ago. People like them should know their place. Simple as that. If Dylan expressed his opinion on the matter I am sure Springsteen would listen.

everyone's an expert these days :lol:

i know ! 

you should see the crap that google throw up to be every morning :lol:

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 3:33 AM, Buddhabone said:

Wow. Wow. Yes.

You get it. Its all part of the story. He is alice lost in wonderland under the hood. Its there to paint a picture. a 396 or 327 it doesnt matter. What matters is how it sounds, it makes sense as poetry or words that paint a picture. I always see that bad ass car and the dude from L.A. with that 70's moustache. The girl in one of those yellow t shirts and those bell bottom jeans. How our hero steals her. Then how later she is lost as he runs away to run another race. The empty pleasure in the meaningless win....

I also love the soul fairy band. Playing those drunk lust filled chords as they play by the lake in drunken drug addled fun. The band plays on and on, on a hot summer night before the various plagues have had thier way with us. We are them, and then they become us. Transformed by the times, and the ties that bind. The speed ball flying past us as we age. The point I am making is that it is all part of the fabric of the guys music. It is the most wonderful language I have heard.

The soul fairy band play by Pinkpop on a hot spring night. We are them, then they become us

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/spirit-in-the-night-from-pinkpop