Sign in to follow this  
zzcoolness

SoB Long Walk Home

Do you think we'll ever hear a recorded audio version of Long Walk Home from Broadway? I really liked the version he played, and I'm a little sadbwe haven't gotten to hear it/See it :-(

• Like 2

As much as I love The Ghost of Tom Joad and strongly support the political message Bruce was sending, I really wish he had chosen a rendition of Long Walk Home instead, as it is one of my very favorite songs.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

I was at the Seeger Session show at Wembley Arena in November 2006 when he debuted the Long Walk Home as a "work in progress".

Stunning rendition with the SSB which already sounded like a classic on the first airing.

• Like 6

It is a crowning moment in whatever version it is played. Says so much about where we are in the world in the last 15 years. The division and rancur, the lost hope. All of it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Do you think we'll ever hear a recorded audio version of Long Walk Home from Broadway? I really liked the version he played, and I'm a little sadbwe haven't gotten to hear it/See it :-(

If you haven't heard them, you might be interested in checking out the acoustic performances of the song from 2016-17 during the E Street Band shows. 

Played during Election season and during the early days of the President's first term, there's tons of emotion to them and I imagine they're just as powerful as they would have been inside the Walter Kerr. 

This show also gives us Bruce’s first comments on the 2016 Presidential Election when he’s handed a copy of the Constitution of the United States (with an obscene comment about one of the candidates) requesting “Long Walk Home”, which is played solo here and is very powerful in its stark contrast to the other incredible full band versions played and featured in Archive releases from 2007, 2008 and 2009. With the context of the 2016 Presidential Election behind it, the lyrics of “Long Walk Home” are as impactful and truthful as ever. It immaculately conveys Bruce’s feelings about what was happening at this time, and is still happening now.

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/the-best-of-the-river-tour-2016-17-august-to-september-2016/

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,14783/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-9-11-2016-Consol-Energy-Center-Pittsburgh-PA.html

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,14784/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-9-14-2016-Gillette-Stadium-Foxboro--MA.html

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,15176/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-2-2-2017-AAMI-Park-Melbourne-AU.html

• Like 4

In my opinion an underrated zero’s classic this song!!

And I agree I would love to hear the Seeger Sessions and the Broadway version of this song. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

And I agree I would love to hear the Seeger Sessions and the Broadway version of this song. 

Any version is just fine by me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fifer said:

I was at the Seeger Session show at Wembley Arena in November 2006 when he debuted the Long Walk Home as a "work in progress".

Stunning rendition with the SSB which already sounded like a classic on the first airing.

Me too; good times :) 
Agreed it sounded like an instant classic. It also has some different lyrics to the final album version - truly a work in progress.

• Like 1

"When the party's over and the cheering is all gone

Will you know me, will I know you, will I know you?"

Beautifully sad lyrics.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Marnix said:

Is it really underrated?

I would not say so... now Last To Die, that seems to be somewhat underrated. Or the song Magic.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Fifer said:

I was at that show as well and totally agree...you just knew right away it was going to be a gem.

• Like 1

Always been a fan of Long Walk Home. Classic mature Springsteen.

• Like 2