Greasy Lake Community

May 29: Bruce is joining Dropkick Murphys for a livestream

i thought cricket would be bad for the players playing to an empty stadium but this must take some will power or magic juice or something ?

i mean darkness in an empty paramount theater was brilliant - but Fenway ? 

im very interested to see this 

For those of you who don't know, Tim Brennan of DKM is an enormous Bruce fan. He proposed to his now-wife onstage in 2009 at Bruce's second show in Boston. The band played So Young and in Love to celebrate, and then both bands were on for Glory Days and American Land.

Also, these guys are LEGIT. They sing about a lot of working class causes that are important to them, just like Bruce does. They created a charity called the Claddagh Fund which has done a lot of good work for children, veterans, addicts, the homeless, etc. They are one of the most wholesome bands out there.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

For those of you who don't know, Tim Brennan of DKM is an enormous Bruce fan. He proposed to his now-wife onstage in 2009 at Bruce's second show in Boston. The band played So Young and in Love to celebrate, and then both bands were on for Glory Days and American Land.

Also, these guys are LEGIT. They sing about a lot of working class causes that are important to them, just like Bruce does. They created a charity called the Claddagh Fund which has done a lot of good work for children, veterans, addicts, the homeless, etc. They are one of the most wholesome bands out there.

I thought of you when I saw this in RS, if I recall correctly you're a big fan of the band.  So them and Bruce on a double bill for you, woot!

I'm excited to hear him rock - been a while.  

• Like 1

I'm excited young Hero.  The DKMs are sensational.  My daughter put me on to them many years ago and next time they came to town I went to see them, but she couldn't come because she was too young.  She has seen them since of course, but I don't think she has forgiven me completely.

When normal programming is resumed, I would urge any lover of live music to go and see the Dropkicks.  They do it properly.

To be honest, I'm more excited to see the Dropkicks at Fenway, than the Brooce cameo.  I guess they'll play Tessie.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

12 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

Sydney 8am?  Sydney misunderstood them.  Called them thugs and mean spirited types.

Let me correct that poster.  Melbourne 8 am

You gotta shake hands with your feelings in the wicked sensitive crew.

• Like 2