Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

May 29: Bruce is joining Dropkick Murphys for a livestream


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.boston.com/culture/entertainment/2020/05/18/dropkick-murphys-fenway-bruce-springsteen "The band will also be joined remotely by rock legend Bruce Springsteen for a special “double pla

..I've seen the future of post covid -19 rock and roll    And Bruce Springsteen is the best at that as well

I loved it. Simple as that.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:


You have to remember a lot of folks here are now fans of the 70s era California sound with sweeping orchestral arrangements. This might not be for them.

Oh coz we can't be fans of both, or it's an either/or.  Got it.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

 

the same reason most people dont go....he isnt that good

Bit surprised by this I gotta say! The live album of the Soulfire tour is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched most of the show, then left when Bruce was done (had to walk the dog). 

Did anyone else wish they’d kept the camera on Bruce when he was singing, rather than keep going back to the field and the band?  He didn’t have that many lines, so he should have been the focus when it was his turn.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh coz we can't be fans of both, or it's an either/or.  Got it.  

You can be whatever you want. Like Dropkick Murphys and the crap he put out last summer if you like. That’s up to you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kburke said:

I watched most of the show, then left when Bruce was done (had to walk the dog). 

Did anyone else wish they’d kept the camera on Bruce when he was singing, rather than keep going back to the field and the band?  He didn’t have that many lines, so he should have been the focus when it was his turn.   

I thought they did that because it didn’t look great with him reading the lyrics and not looking at the camera. Who knows?

That said, I thought he sounded good. It’s good to hear him rock a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I thought they did that because it didn’t look great with him reading the lyrics and not looking at the camera. Who knows?

That said, I thought he sounded good. It’s good to hear him rock a bit.

I wasnt 100 percent sure the video was perfectly synced so they cut away...maybe ...Wanted Badlands but was thrilled to hear Bruce and Dropkick do the song that Bruce closed with every night from 2007-2009....Also loved the tour of Fenway at the beginning ..... My euro friends please feel free to substitute your favorite iconic footie stadium ..... But i certainly appreciated the effort .....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

You can be whatever you want. Like Dropkick Murphys and the crap he put out last summer if you like. That’s up to you.

Oh silly me, I thought you were implying if we loved the orchestra music last summer we can't like some DMs.  

Glad you're above that, 'tucky.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh silly me, I thought you were implying if we loved the orchestra music last summer we can't like some DMs.  

Glad you're above that, 'tucky.   

Of course. Like whatever you want.

That said, I would guess many that like the yacht rock he turned to last summer wouldn’t be big fans of Irish punk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That has got to be one of the weirdest performances of Bruce's career, but they pulled it off really well, I think. I loved "Rose Tattoo". But as great as it was, I hope that won't be how we have to experience live music for too long.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

That has got to be one of the weirdest performances of Bruce's career, but they pulled it off really well, I think. I loved "Rose Tattoo". But as great as it was, I hope that won't be how we have to experience live music for too long.

As a fan of the DKM i was very excited to have a friday night concert .... But when they went to the wide shot of the deserted stadium it was sad ....

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...