Sign in to follow this  
HeroOfVirtue

May 29: Bruce is joining Dropkick Murphys for a livestream

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

You have to remember a lot of folks here are now fans of the 70s era California sound with sweeping orchestral arrangements. This might not be for them.

Oh coz we can't be fans of both, or it's an either/or.  Got it.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

the same reason most people dont go....he isnt that good

Bit surprised by this I gotta say! The live album of the Soulfire tour is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

I watched most of the show, then left when Bruce was done (had to walk the dog). 

Did anyone else wish they’d kept the camera on Bruce when he was singing, rather than keep going back to the field and the band?  He didn’t have that many lines, so he should have been the focus when it was his turn.   

10 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh coz we can't be fans of both, or it's an either/or.  Got it.  

You can be whatever you want. Like Dropkick Murphys and the crap he put out last summer if you like. That’s up to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

I sang Amazing graze like that when i was at school and got detention. 

Ahead of your time Roy :)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kburke said:

I watched most of the show, then left when Bruce was done (had to walk the dog). 

Did anyone else wish they’d kept the camera on Bruce when he was singing, rather than keep going back to the field and the band?  He didn’t have that many lines, so he should have been the focus when it was his turn.   

I thought they did that because it didn’t look great with him reading the lyrics and not looking at the camera. Who knows?

That said, I thought he sounded good. It’s good to hear him rock a bit.

That was great!  Amazing Grace was good!  Bruuuuuuuce!   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I thought they did that because it didn’t look great with him reading the lyrics and not looking at the camera. Who knows?

That said, I thought he sounded good. It’s good to hear him rock a bit.

I wasnt 100 percent sure the video was perfectly synced so they cut away...maybe ...Wanted Badlands but was thrilled to hear Bruce and Dropkick do the song that Bruce closed with every night from 2007-2009....Also loved the tour of Fenway at the beginning ..... My euro friends please feel free to substitute your favorite iconic footie stadium ..... But i certainly appreciated the effort .....

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

You can be whatever you want. Like Dropkick Murphys and the crap he put out last summer if you like. That’s up to you.

Oh silly me, I thought you were implying if we loved the orchestra music last summer we can't like some DMs.  

Glad you're above that, 'tucky.   

Chickenman you must get out of the house. Stevie and band are great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh silly me, I thought you were implying if we loved the orchestra music last summer we can't like some DMs.  

Glad you're above that, 'tucky.   

Of course. Like whatever you want.

That said, I would guess many that like the yacht rock he turned to last summer wouldn’t be big fans of Irish punk.

Great stuff. American Land was a nice surprise!

• Like 2

A bunch of fake Irish blokes playing a faux irish jig with a self isolating septuagenerian- how lovely.  

Did he win a competition?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

A bunch of fake Irish blokes playing a faux irish jig with a self isolating septuagenerian- how lovely.  

Did he win a competition?

Ouch.

Well, that was different! Thanks for posting, Keith (I only watched the Bruce bit ;)).

• Thanks 1

That has got to be one of the weirdest performances of Bruce's career, but they pulled it off really well, I think. I loved "Rose Tattoo". But as great as it was, I hope that won't be how we have to experience live music for too long.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

That has got to be one of the weirdest performances of Bruce's career, but they pulled it off really well, I think. I loved "Rose Tattoo". But as great as it was, I hope that won't be how we have to experience live music for too long.

As a fan of the DKM i was very excited to have a friday night concert .... But when they went to the wide shot of the deserted stadium it was sad ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I loved Rose Tattoo too!  Excellent!

Why yes ..I am a sucker for the Bagpipes ...why do you ask ?

I really guess i have no way of substantiating this ...But i always thought Bruce became a fan through his son who attended Boston College.

I just saw the Rose Tattoo clip. Bruce sounded good - the No.20 lad, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I just saw the Rose Tattoo clip. Bruce sounded good - the No.20 lad, not so much.

And thats the guy with the good voice :lol:

• Haha 2