Greasy Lake Community

Stones fans

JimCT

On Wednesday, Howard Stern will have a special interview with Mick.

You can’t always get what you want but this week at least one of Howard’s wishes will come true—a chance to interview Mick Jagger. On Monday, Howard announced the iconic Rolling Stones frontman will be coming on for a special afternoon Stern Show.

“I said no fucking brainer,” Howard recalled of when executive producer Gary Dell’Abate approached him about another afternoon show just weeks after doing one with Metallica, Miley Cyrus, and Elton John. “I’m really happy about it.”

Howard then went on to explain the magnitude of the upcoming chat. “When I was a kid, the only people that really kind of spoke to me were a couple of rock stars,” he noted. “I would say that Mick Jagger was more important to me and a bigger influence on my life and gave me so much energy and gave me so many hours of enjoyment and fulfillment … the question is not what I’m going to ask him but what I have to eliminate.”

Fellow Stones fan and musician Fred Norris was equally enthused. “This is fucking awesome,” he said in response to the news. “I’d say give Gary a raise but that might be pushing it.”

Howard’s special interview with Mick Jagger airs Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 1:15 p.m. ET only on SiriusXM.

• Love Love Love! 1

RONNIE WOOD SETLISTS

Ronnie will be painting his stunning setlists for each show on the Rolling Stones 2021 US No Filter tour, and for the first time ever, fans will be able to order gold stamped and authenticated prints of his setlists straight after each show!

You can also help shape the Stones setlists by voting for which songs the band plays, be sure to visit vote.rollingstones.com a few days before each show to have your say!

image.thumb.png.df02e2175c0d5e6429758058c8b48ecb.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Has anyone seen the set list from the STL show? If Bruce played a set list like that, people here would be saying kinds of nasty stuff.

Apples and Oranges, I’m afraid. The Stones have been playing standard greatest hits setlists for over four decades by now. That’s what their shows are about. Bruce has made a career out of changing setlists. If he stopped now, of course people would be disappointed. But you can’t ask the Stones to do what Bruce does, just because Bruce does it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

The Stones probably won't ever play brown sugar in the states anymore. Because someone gonna be offended by this song. and start demanding apologize.

Boy Tenth, seems you've gotten your feet under you here, and saying what you want to say now, good for you! 

• Like 1