Greasy Lake Community

Seen it a few times before, and I was one of the 20 Million people who applied for tickets for the show. I was a huge Zep fan in the early 80's from just before they split up to be honest. I even visited Jimmy Page's house in Windsor in 1981 (where Bonham died) and I got his housekeeper to get him to  sign my Zeppelin book I had. He wrote a message in it and signed it. Still got the book...wonder if it would be worth anything now ?

To be honest, I kind of went off them a bit in the years after that. Yes, they were a fantastic band in their day, but much of their stuff sounds quite dated now in my opinion. They were very much a band of their time. Between 1968 and 1974 they were truly monumental, but they were in total decline after that. Complete self-destruct mode both musically and within the band....they suffered some real tragedy. Would still love to have seen them once though, even in that disasterous final 1980 European tour.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Definately going to watch that. Have never seen that concert.

One of my top 3 music concert Blu Rays.I know the audio compression on YT won't do it justice, unfortunately, but if you've never seen the film, definitely worth checking out. Hope you enjoyed it.

39 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

One of my top 3 music concert Blu Rays.I know the audio compression on YT won't do it justice, unfortunately, but if you've never seen the film, definitely worth checking out. Hope you enjoyed it.

After 200 concerts and with Tinitus the audio on YT is more than okay for me. I wouldn't know the difference anyway. ;-)

I wonder who's responsible for my Tinitus. Probably AC/DC. :-)

• Haha 2