For the day that's in it.....35 years since my life changed forever

'For the day that's in it'.  My husband's brother who lives in Dublin uses that expression a lot.  Always makes us laugh and ask, 'What does it mean?' :lol:

£15 a ticket and a colourful t-shirt :wub: Must have been a brilliant day.

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

'For the day that's in it'.  My husband's brother who lives in Dublin uses that expression a lot.  Always makes us laugh and ask, 'What does it mean?' :lol:

£15 a ticket and a colourful t-shirt :wub: Must have been a brilliant day.

Ha ha. Must be an Irish saying so. I bought the tour brochure at the merch stand - big decision between that and the tee. 

• Like 1

Great thread.

My life changing event came 3 days later on 4th June at St James Park, Newcastle.

35 years...my goodness.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 minute ago, slane85 said:

Ha ha. Must be an Irish saying so. I bought the tour brochure at the merch stand - big decision between that and the tee. 

Wait!! You could buy Bruce's t-shirt? :D:D

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Carnage down the front.  Lucky there was no loss of life. It scared the beejezus out of Bruce and his people.

It was the norm at the time. Previous year there were riots in the village the night before Dylan gig

39 minutes ago, slane85 said:

I discoverd at the start of lockdown a neighbour had been to this concert, just a casual remark about the music I was listening to on my walk.

These were wild times. A couple of days later me and a couple of other fellows broke the fundation of the Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg.  Dave Marsh called it "65.000 people on the friendly side of a riot". I think that goes for pretty much every European crowd on that tour. No place for a Sunny Day kid in front of the stage in those days.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, risingaurora said:

35 years. Where has it all gone?

Indeed Bren. We've had a good time tho.

5 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Great thread.

My life changing event came 3 days later on 4th June at St James Park, Newcastle.

35 years...my goodness.

This. 

I may raise a glass on Thursday.

• Like 1

Talking of anniversaries...my last Bruce show was 4 years ago today at Hampden Park, Glasgow, and what a show that was.

Come on Bruce, get back on the road again when all this is over.

• Like 1

So proud Bruce played his first mega gig in Europe in my home county of Meath....NOT Dublin

• Like 1
On 6/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, slane85 said:

Indeed Bren. We've had a good time tho.

I take great comfort in the times we have had, for me the furthest I got was Paris, but also Manchester, London and all those Irish shows. Good times indeed.