TruthThatRanUsDown

Should Bruce release a statement?

13 hours ago, Ibbhomero said:

A question from old Europe to friends across the pond: How are you living these days (and nights) of protests? What comes to me from social networks and television makes it seem that the American Land is plunged in a civil war, but I wonder if from there you have the same feeling.

I live in a residential area within the boundaries of a large Midwestern city.  We are under curfew here from 8pm until 6am.  Haven't had this since the race riots in 2001.

This is definitely concerning, but not what we would come close to calling a civil war.   We've had these periods of social unrest before...1968 comes to mind.  One of my neighbors is a SWAT member for the Cincinnati Police Department.  He wears the body armor and carries a high grade weapon as he patrols in groups downtown.  I have real concern for him and his wife and kids.  This is nothing to mess with, and I hope he is safe.

Quite honestly, we live in a mostly white enclave here and we have seen more and more blacks walking and shopping here in the neighborhood.  My daughter works in a donut shop in our little neighborhood village, and she also noticed many more blacks shopping in her store over the weekend.  It's a very welcome sight to see more diversity in our area, but sad that it's under such awful circumstances.  But, at least in our metropolitan area, it's nothing close to a civil war.   The city and county government are doing a very good job (as they did with Covid) on properly patrolling the streets and keeping the violence and vandalism down.

If you're watching CNN to get an idea of what's going on here, then it's likely a very skewed look at our situation.  Just know that there is another side to their story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not fucking interested, The USA is fucked and it has been for decades. 

The only statement im interested in is a new album or new tour release.

• Bruuuuce! 1

To be fair, this thread leaves me speechless.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

Not fucking interested, The USA is fucked and it has been for decades. 

Let's hope Bruce has "a wall so high nothing can burn it down" then so he can record a new album safely.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

Good luck with that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Accountant Pete said:

Let's hope Bruce has "a wall so high nothing can burn it down" then so he can record a new album safely.

I wish our office had the same thing, as we are about 4 blocks from Police HQ's here. Where there has been protest most everyday now. Hopefully they don't come our way. 

• Hug 4
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I wish our office had the same thing, as we are about 4 blocks from Police HQ's here. Where there has been protest most everyday now. Hopefully they don't come our way. 

Keep safe:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accountant Pete said:

Keep safe:(

Yes stay safe.

It's sad to see all that violence and vandalism going on in the USA. There are so many other better ways to protest. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

to young black Americans?

might he just  be another old white face in the crowd maybe their grandparents maybe listened to ..or maybe didn't

That is simply not true. American Skin (41 Shots) was covered in 2001 by Living Colour (devastating video from Swiss Montreux Jazz festival , watch it entirely!) https://singout.org/american-skin-pt-3/

Then in 2016 Mary J Blige sings an a-capella version to Hillary Clinton + recorded version with Kendrick Lamar (probably the most influentual black musician of today) https://estreetshuffle.com/index.php/2019/04/05/cover-me-mary-j-blige-and-kendrick-lamar-american-skin-41-shots/

R-13688215-1559053670-4637_v2.jpg.3808874f2cc72b30a804d142f9e000c5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

16 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Then in 2016 Mary J Blige sings an a-capella version to Hillary Clinton + recorded version with Kendrick Lamar (probably the most influentual black musician of today) https://estreetshuffle.com/index.php/2019/04/05/cover-me-mary-j-blige-and-kendrick-lamar-american-skin-41-shots/

I love Kendrick Lamar.  

1 hour ago, el sergio said:

Can't believe I missed Mary J Blige singing 41 Shots to HIllary Clinton. 

Fascinating.

• Haha 1

Are we allowed to post on the thread yet our posts get deleted anyway? 

I'm so confused.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Are we allowed to post on the thread yet our posts get deleted anyway? 

I'm so confused.

Yes! 

Nothing confusing about it, some do some don't.  makes for a confusing read. 

I'm sure if Bruce posted a statement on here...............it'd soon be deleted. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I'm sure if Bruce posted a statement on here...............it'd soon be deleted. :rolleyes:

It should be if it's political! 

1 minute ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I've replied yet they're deleted.  So we can or cannot post? 

Kay, just keep posting what you fell. That's what I do, yes a handful will be deleted, but maybe a handful of people will see it before then. 

• Like 1

That's not the point, why would it be so confusing to post on a thread?  I don't care about people seeing it, it's about expressing myself.

Why would I post if I can't express?

• Like 2

Only if he wants to, but whats to say that has not already been said? This is an issue for all the people of America to work out in dialogue and learning not a time for celebrities' bleeding hearts. I already cringe at celebrities making sure they tick that box. Let leaders of the BLM show the way they have their stage, the beast has been released, they need to control it and make for a positive future for the USA.Good luck to all in America....you need it!!!

• Like 2

I don't think he has to say a word - @Frank and @ludomichel have posted excellent examples as to why already - and I've pondered whether I should post on this thread if I'd just be writing those nine words. However, something came to my head and I thought I might as well post it. 

"It was a story where not only does Scooter and the Big Man bust the city in half, but we remade the city. We remade the city shaping into the kind of place where our friendship and our love for one another wouldn't have been such an exceptional thing."

Whether Bruce Springsteen believes he and Clarence Clemons worked too damn hard for too long to give up now or, as @Bosstralian says, ends up thinking he tried his best, it's Bruce's call as to what he wants to do. As it always is. Whether it's releasing a new album or a live show, deciding to go on tour or the Baseball game he's taking Patti to when the sporting world gets back on track. We can call for him and speculate on his behalf, but there's a reason he's The Boss.  

• Like 3

Please do not make political posts unrelated to Bruce Springsteen or his music.  They will be deleted.  If you have any questions, please send a PM to a mod or an admin.  Their names are here:  https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/staff/  

I am sitting in NYC as I type this, in the midst of another day of protests and worse.  Bruce wrote a heartbreaking song about these times.  This is no joke folks, and racist posts will be deleted and the members who write them will be banned.

Thank you.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

That's not the point, why would it be so confusing to post on a thread?  I don't care about people seeing it, it's about expressing myself.

Why would I post if I can't express?

It's really not as complicated as one might think.  

Today we have deleted dozens and dozens of posts and several threads that were posted with the clear intention of exploring the edges of the boundaries.  We have had several that were racist ( I was just joking they say) and some that were complaining about Moderator decisions on the board ( one of the rules that you talk to us through PM and we will look into your request) and we are working behind the scenes with dozens of you reporting posts of others, and we have to try and decide what your intent was.   It is completely possible something you thought was benign was removed.  It is also possible that you feel that what you posted wasn't "that political" but we got a dozen complaints about it - should we ignore the opinions of others because you think you are right?

And finally - after a couple of threads where members said "You should ban people who break the rules continually" we get complaints privately and posted randomly because someone WAS banned and you didn't like it........ yet you wonder why we don't want political threads and political fights.

There are plenty of places for your political posts, and I know there are several "offshoot" forums where other people from GL meet and talk about what we are doing here.  Please scratch your political itch somewhere else, thanks

• Like 2

No, that's more complicated than thought.  I don't partake in any reporting or telling people to break rules so I don't know what any of that means.