Greasy Lake Community

1 minute ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No, that's more complicated than thought.  I don't partake in any reporting or telling people to break rules so I don't know what any of that means.

Well, like what we are hearing on the news, not everyone protesting has good intentions, some have different agendas.

When someone posts something CLEARLY racist (which has happened today) we delete it, but sometimes it takes a while as we aren't constantly refreshing and looking at every post for something offensive.  During the time lapse, people report the offensive post and we review it and decide to remove it or not.

If Person #1 posts something racist and Persons #2, #3, #4 and #5 reply to it - we will likely delete all 5 posts and remove the content complete.  Some stuff is borderline and usually we ask each other what we think before we moderate.  We will sometimes set something invisible, discuss it and restore it back to the thread if we decide it can remain.    People are pushing those limits today, some clearly are doing so with less than sincere intentions, and that is sad and pathetic, but I suppose they are having some sort of fun

• Sad 1
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He made the required statement 45 years ago on the cover of his “make or break” album. He’s repeated that inclusion statement throughout his career. He denounced this very issue when it wasn

Dunno if I'm allowed to discuss this but my answer is "no," - he's spoken out for years now, we know how he feels on things and he doesn't have to make a statement every time even if other artists are

To be fair, this thread leaves me speechless.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

There are plenty of places for your political posts, and I know there are several "offshoot" forums where other people from GL meet and talk about what we are doing here.  Please scratch your political itch somewhere else, thanks

You've mentioned other places before.  I haven't been able to find them.  Can you post some links please?  

Just now, bbb said:

You've mentioned other places before.  I haven't been able to find them.  Can you post some links please?  

Nope, we have a pretty strict policy that we don't link to other boards to criticize, as a show of respect and in hopes that they reciprocate.

We had some pretty ugly GL Vs BTX type of issues back in the day, and that policy has served us well.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, bbb said:

And your questions here will undoubtedly get you invites ;)

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Google is your friend Mr. Hockey Puck. 

16 minutes ago, bbb said:

I just googled Greasy Lake Offshoots and got this - is that your catch?

kk916j3xe5241.jpg

If the Lake is greasy enough, no doubt the fish are screwed up

I know one messed up shark from around these parts

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Speaking of statements, Peter has been quite for a long time now, glad he's got something to say:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/peter-gabriel-george-floyd-1008805/

How do I delete my post?  Anything not to do with Bruce or his music is not allowed so I need to delete or I'll be dust in the wind.  

I don't see that option here.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

How do I delete my post?  Anything not to do with Bruce or his music is not allowed so I need to delete or I'll be dust in the wind.  

I don't see that option here.  

Up to a certain length of time, you can edit your post--just change it to "[deleted]" or something like that. (Unless that time's long gone by now.) 

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Screenshot_20200603_000503_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.d368d28fad0765d99b479fe1c4a78f3f.jpg

There's Bruce's statement. The article that he links is very good, and worth the read. No surprise, right? Thanks for posting Paolo.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

There's Bruce's statement. The article that he links is very good, and worth the read. No surprise, right? Thanks for posting Paolo.

Not just words - it's actions that count.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kiwiprofessor said:

Not just words - it's actions that count.

This.

I think he's unwell. He made a MASSIVE fuss over the LGBTQ toilet thing but remains silent over THIS. i'm baffled.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Could someone tell me what this is? Is it Bruce's own site? I'm clicking on it but nothing's happening. I see 2017, so is it old? So many questions! 

The photo appeared on Bruce's FB page this morning, accompanied by Bruce's words, those at the top.

• Thanks 1

Aww man. Leave Bruce alone. If he wants to say something, he will. Good heavens to Betsy!

He'll be devastated - we all know he will be. He needs to prove that?

• Like 3
11 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Well, like what we are hearing on the news, not everyone protesting has good intentions, some have different agendas.

When someone posts something CLEARLY racist (which has happened today) we delete it, but sometimes it takes a while as we aren't constantly refreshing and looking at every post for something offensive.  During the time lapse, people report the offensive post and we review it and decide to remove it or not.

If Person #1 posts something racist and Persons #2, #3, #4 and #5 reply to it - we will likely delete all 5 posts and remove the content complete.  Some stuff is borderline and usually we ask each other what we think before we moderate.  We will sometimes set something invisible, discuss it and restore it back to the thread if we decide it can remain.    People are pushing those limits today, some clearly are doing so with less than sincere intentions, and that is sad and pathetic, but I suppose they are having some sort of fun

yet you allowed to go unchalleged the opening line in this thread..

One of the things coming out of the George Floyd civil unrest is that, regardless of what is in their heart, anyone who stays silent about this issue is complicity supporting institutional racism

• Hug 1
35 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Could someone tell me what this is? Is it Bruce's own site? I'm clicking on it but nothing's happening. I see 2017, so is it old? So many questions! 

I was about to ask the same question. As I am not in FB, can I read it? 

2 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

yet you allowed to go unchalleged the opening line in this thread..

One of the things coming out of the George Floyd civil unrest is that, regardless of what is in their heart, anyone who stays silent about this issue is complicity supporting institutional racism

Do you not think that that's not so much offensive but just a tad naïve? It's something that can be refuted - and has been - and can be done so in a levelled way … a discussion. You know, discussion, what we used to be able to have.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

This.

I think he's unwell. He made a MASSIVE fuss over the LGBTQ toilet thing but remains silent over THIS. i'm baffled.

I will wait until this afternoon. I can't believe he won't say anything during his radio broadcast, but if he doesn't I will be baffled too. 

• Like 2