Greasy Lake Community

Should Bruce release a statement?

26 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

I will wait until this afternoon. I can't believe he won't say anything during his radio broadcast, but if he doesn't I will be baffled too. 

When would he have recorded the show because it's not live, is it? I guess he could add bits and pieces to it over the days though?

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

I will wait until this afternoon. I can't believe he won't say anything during his radio broadcast, but if he doesn't I will be baffled too. 

why?  Why is there such an urge or desire for him to speak on such things?  We've been down this road before, many many times, like what he says will ever change anything.  I dont need him to speak for me.

I hope this is OK here, a great Slovenian journalist Mr. Ervin Hladnik Milharčič, a former correspondent from Washington, mentioned 41 Shots yesterday in a short political debate on the prime time Slovenian night news.

He said it was a standout song. 

It's all here, at 22.10 (and I know nobody will actually watch it, but it made me feel so proud, I had to share :))

https://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/odmevi/174697602?jwsource=cl

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I hope this is OK here, a great Slovenian journalist Mr. Ervin Hladnik Milharčič, a former correspondent from Washington, mentioned 41 Shots yesterday in a short political debate on the prime time Slovenian night news.

He said it was a standout song. 

It's all here, at 22.10 (and I know nobody will actually watch it, but it made me feel so proud, I had to share :))

https://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/odmevi/174697602?jwsource=cl

Yes and that was 21 years ago.......when he wrote that.  He's been there, he's bought the T Shirt, and at the end of the day, as great a song as it is ( and I consider it in his top 3) nothing has changed, nothing.  And nothing ever will.

11 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Screenshot_20200603_000503_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.d368d28fad0765d99b479fe1c4a78f3f.jpg

Number 11 on that list, tells me Macdonalds use prison labour FFS.

I'd didn't think that would be legal anymore, it's like something out out the Shawshank Redemption 

46 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

Yes and that was 21 years ago.......when he wrote that.  He's been there, he's bought the T Shirt, and at the end of the day, as great a song as it is ( and I consider it in his top 3) nothing has changed, nothing.  And nothing ever will.

Are you saying Bruce is giving up on his ideals?

16 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Are you saying Bruce is giving up on his ideals?

No, Im saying that as a fan unlike some on here, i have no need for him to address the issue personally, if he wants to thats his own decision.

It wont make any difference.

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

When would he have recorded the show because it's not live, is it? I guess he could add bits and pieces to it over the days though?

If not live, then I don't think its recorded far in advance. The first show covered the death of (whoever it was who'd just died - my memory's going), which had only been announced the previous night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I will be stunned.

10 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

I'm guessing Bruce is tired.  Leave him alone.

I'm guessing that there's also a little bit more to it than that.  Can't be easy for a person with mental illness being cut off from his family (inc., sick mother) and having his regular routines denied him.  I feel for every person going through this.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

If not live, then I don't think its recorded far in advance. The first show covered the death of (whoever it was who'd just died - my memory's going), which had only been announced the previous night.

I can't remember either, but he did mention little Richard, so it he must add to  the recording. I want to say John something but probably totally wrong.

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

I'm guessing that there's also a little bit more to it than that.  Can't be easy for a person with mental illness being cut off from his family (inc., sick mother) and having his regular routines denied him.  I feel for every person going through this.

Well said.

2 minutes ago, jmw said:

I can't remember either, but he did mention little Richard, so it he must add to  the recording. I want to say John something but probably totally wrong.

John Prine? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jmw said:

The John Prine reference was near the end of the show, which suggests he maybe puts it together over a few sessions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Why the laugh reaction @sonicramone?

It should be called "75 Things White People Won't Do for Racial Justice".

It is just a silly notion that despite the conveniently recent "woke" celebrity parade of do-gooders, it is unlikely that after this social melee is over that anyone is going to change their natural behavior to live their lives.

It would be helpful to see what the specific 75 things are so we can roll our eyes at them individually.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

It should be called "75 Things White People Won't Do for Racial Justice".

It is just a silly notion that despite the conveniently recent "woke" celebrity parade of do-gooders, it is unlikely that after this social melee is over that anyone is going to change their natural behavior to live their lives.

It would be helpful to see what the specific 75 things are so we can roll our eyes at them individually.

Here’s a list of two that all people should do:

• Be more kind
  • Be more understanding
  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Is the lockdown still on in Jersey? Going by tv America seems to be opening up...