Greasy Lake Community

On 6/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, estband said:

"Tunnel" and "Boom Boom" from 7/27, recently uploaded:

Someone please send me this full show on DVD, i will pay you a million pounds 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Haha :D. I’d certainly pay at least a tenner. By way of coincidence, I posted my (admittedly terrible) cover of Tunnel of Love yesterday. It’s here for your listening ‘pleasure’.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm working on it, Can you pay me half up front & half upon completetion?. I'll ping u my bank details

• Haha 2

People lining up ready to hand their hard earned cash over for this stuff, while Thom Zimny sits in his room full of vintage Bruce footage reels, cackling maniacally, pondering which little snippets he can show to the next exclusive audience of 200 people in AP.

Makes sense to me...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Haha :D. I’d certainly pay at least a tenner. By way of coincidence, I posted my (admittedly terrible) cover of Tunnel of Love yesterday. It’s here for your listening ‘pleasure’.

Busy listening now @wolfinthepines and I like it.... Thumbs up from me mate.

*EDIT*

When the track finished it went straight into your cover of My Beautiful Reward. Really nice!

On 6/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, estband said:

"Tunnel" and "Boom Boom" from 7/27, recently uploaded:

Featuring Garry W Mullet!!!

The Tunnel of Love Express tour was a unique tour in Bruce's career. The whole stage presentation with props being used, the band members all changing positions on the stage, Patti becoming more and more the focus on stage as her and Bruce became closer, and an almost Vegas like theme.

Strong rumours were that the band did not enjoy the tour, and Garry Tallent was quoted later on saying "It just wasn't us". Personally I thought it was an entertaining experience although at times a bit cringeworthy, and in hindsight it might have been better for it to have been a solo tour rather than another full-scale onslaught with the E Street Band so soon after the Born in the USA juggernaut. I think when the tour ended with Bruce and Patti very much an item, and the tensions in the band...you can see why Bruce probably felt it was time to bring it to an end, at least for a while. I'm not sure if it was the right decision but it's understandable given what was going on at the time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

Busy listening now @wolfinthepines and I like it.... Thumbs up from me mate.

*EDIT*

When the track finished it went straight into your cover of My Beautiful Reward. Really nice!

Thanks! Glad you liked it :).

• Like 1

Just imagine if Bruce did the “Tunnel Of Love” tour solo, and then brought back a happier and rested E Street Band for the “Human Touch/Lucky Town” albums+tour in 1992...

12 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Just imagine if Bruce did the “Tunnel Of Love” tour solo, 

Was original idea not for a solo tour, but a 'duo tour' with only Bruce and Nils?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Was original idea not for a solo tour, but a 'duo tour' with only Bruce and Nils?

Well the “Devils And Dust” tour was a duo of Bruce and Alan Fitzgerald, so anything goes...

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Well the “Devils And Dust” tour was a duo of Bruce and Alan Fitzgerald, so anything goes...

In the Trenton (or Grand Rapids, maybe both) show Archive release he calls him Alan Fitzpatrick and I don't know what to believe. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

And for the D & D tour original plan was to tour as a trio (guitar-bass-drums).

• Like 1
On 6/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, Lampi said:

It was reported in Rolling Stone in early '88 that Bruce was considering a tour of theaters with "a small combo".