Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

4 years ago today

Open with a Piano version of For You and than this.... And much much more. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Helluva show!

A couple of the performances from that night are Live Downloads gems: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2020/05/14/the-definitive-version-of-every-song-from-springsteen-s-archive-series-part-10/

And I'll put the "Drive All Night" from St. Louis 2008 up with this one! 

• Like 1

I chased that song for over 25 years.  Bruce finally played it for me in California at a show when we hit the lottery and had elbows on the stage

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 minute ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

I chased that song for over 25 years.  Bruce finally played it for me in California at a show when we hit the lottery and had elbows on the stage

Funny I got it at my first show of this Bruce mania I'm going though right now, Columbus 2008.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I do love the way he sings “I swear, I’ll drive all night” in that St Louis version!

And just 'cause, my review of that show and "Drive All Night" as well ;) https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2019/09/21/previously-from-the-springsteen-archive-august-23rd-2008-st-louis-mo/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I do love the way he sings “I swear, I’ll drive all night” in that St Louis version!

Isn't that the guts of the song? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

And better positions than James Bond, Bridget Jones and other celebs

• Haha 1

Badlands from that Coventry night is epic........the way he shouts Coventreeeeeeeeeeee!! towards the end, make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Outstanding

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Badlands from that Coventry night is epic........the way he shouts Coventreeeeeeeeeeee!! towards the end, make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Outstanding

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I was there, elbows on, on C's side.

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Funny I got it at my first show of this Bruce mania I'm going though right now, Columbus 2008.  

I was there, along with @VABOSSFAN and a few former Lakers.  We all had GA, I didn't get there and parked until about 7:45, and wasn't inside until about 8.  I already knew that they had missed the pit so figured they would be back by the sound board.  A couple are pretty easy to pick out of a crowd but I didn't see any of them.  They saw me in the back of the floor, @VABOSSFAN called me and told me to look above Roy's piano.  There were several rows of seats behind the stage that weren't sold, they were closer/better than being in the back of GA, so they went there.  I found out what section they were in and was there in a couple minutes.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, burghfan said:

I was there, elbows on, on C's side.

I was there, along with @VABOSSFAN and a few former Lakers.  We all had GA, I didn't get there and parked until about 7:45, and wasn't inside until about 8.  I already knew that they had missed the pit so figured they would be back by the sound board.  A couple are pretty easy to pick out of a crowd but I didn't see any of them.  They saw me in the back of the floor, @VABOSSFAN called me and told me to look above Roy's piano.  There were several rows of seats behind the stage that weren't sold, they were closer/better than being in the back of GA, so they went there.  I found out what section they were in and was there in a couple minutes.

Good times! :)