Greasy Lake Community

I think anything goes as long it's Springsteen himself that is taking a stand, being political and people here just report what he is saying or doing.

That is so weird, I literally just finished listening to The West Wing Weekly podcast episode reviewing 20 Hours In America Part 1 in which they interviewed John Gallagher Jr. Literally, just turned it off and logged onto here to see this. The universe is messing with my mind...

Maybe it's telling me to put on The Newsroom...

• Haha 1

I was at that show at MSG when we were told that Amadu’s mom was in the audience.  

Although there were some that were calling to ‘boycott Bruce,’ not all NYPD officers were angry.  

There were a few officers in the row behind us who were talking about the song.  They said they were ‘told’ the song was anti-cop; but when they actually listened to the words they knew it wasn’t.  

• Like 4

The reaction from NYPD to the song reflected very badly on the police. The song was about a couple of individuals - racist, incompetent or maybe both -  over reacting and making fatal decisions that lead to the death of an innocent man. By protesting, calling for boycott and calling Bruce "fleeting fag" and "scum bag" the NYPD made it obvious that the ones firing the 41 shots at a man showing his wallet were not some rotten apples in a big basket filled with fresh fruit.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, TheBoss said:

I think anything goes as long it's Springsteen himself that is taking a stand, being political and people here just report what he is saying or doing.

We can't comment on anything je said or discuss his stand?

10 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

We can't comment on anything je said or discuss his stand?

Your guess is as good as mine. I think any discussion of "controversial" political opinions held by Springsteen is a slippery slope. What I meant was that I think that a quote of what Springsteen himself says never will be deleted from the board how political it may be.