Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G'day all @ GL Have been lurking here for over a year, couldn't put off joining any longer. Special appreciation for all the legends uploading so much content in the bootleg thread. As

Thanks! I am from Slovakia, Eastern Europe.  Being a child of the 1980s, I first heard Bruce on the radio as a kid in the early 90s. And I borrowed the Greatest hits cd from a friend a couple yea

"Adam Raised A Cain" As I mentioned, I went on a dive in chronological order and I wasn't exactly "feeling it"* after the first 3 albums. Then Adam Raised A Cain came on and I sat upright in my c

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'll ask the "what's your favourite song?" question to get the replies rolling. 

"Adam Raised A Cain"

As I mentioned, I went on a dive in chronological order and I wasn't exactly "feeling it"* after the first 3 albums. Then Adam Raised A Cain came on and I sat upright in my chair and thought "where the ____ did this come from" and that kept me going wondering what other gold was to be found. For that reason alone it has to be my favourite.

*I've since been able to correct this

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
10 minutes ago, Tunnel Of Darkness said:

I sat upright in my chair and thought "where the ____ did this come from" and that kept me going wondering what other gold was to be found. For that reason alone it has to be my favourite. 

This is why we listen. Have fun experiencing that a few hundred more times. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
43 minutes ago, Tunnel Of Darkness said:

"Adam Raised A Cain"

As I mentioned, I went on a dive in chronological order and I wasn't exactly "feeling it"* after the first 3 albums. Then Adam Raised A Cain came on and I sat upright in my chair and thought "where the ____ did this come from" and that kept me going wondering what other gold was to be found. For that reason alone it has to be my favourite.

*I've since been able to correct this

Then I recommend to pick up the Nugs TOL-show from Stockholm 1988, THIS Adam smokes in my opinion! Ever since listening to the original Radio broadcast I was hooked forever..

Welcome to the lake, then!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, theseshadows said:

Then I recommend to pick up the Nugs TOL-show from Stockholm 1988

I've got all the Nugs releases up until 2003 and about 10 or so from 05-17. I'm not as critical of the sound quality of a lot of them as have read elsewhere but the only one I did wince at was the first Winterland... that's hard on the ears.

Back to 88... I think Detroit is my favourite show from those.

• Like 1

welcome Tunnel of darkness

do you hail from the West island ?

we have a few Aussies and kiwis here

Adam raised a Cain is a great song off the greatest album 

so i assume you love the '78 intro

going back a couple of records how do you feel about a long kitty ?

oh have you visited the lions den tunnel ?

we all seem to try really hard to get along in the cricket thread despite our obvious differences and its nice to have a sport other than soccer and Ameeican sports  get a look in

50 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

do you hail from the West island ?

Lol. Certainly feels like that sometimes in Sydney. ;)

49 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

we all seem to try really hard to get along in the cricket thread

Umm... I can't stand cricket. Very unAustralian I know. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Australia? Have you brought upside down cake?

And Tintams. Welcome, lucky enough to visit Sydney for nephews wedding back in 2012, loved the place.

6 hours ago, Tunnel Of Darkness said:

I wasn't exactly "feeling it"* after the first 3 albums.

I too have never been won over by the “Born To Run” album.  Something about the production sounds too busy and cluttered for me but that discussion is for a different time.

Welcome to the Lake!

26 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

too have never been won over by the “Born To Run” album.  Something about the production sounds too busy and cluttered

The "wall of sound"?

it's #4 for me probably in the album rankings. Since no one asked I have the top 3 as Darkness, Tunnel, Nebraska. (The River could easily be included and/or knocking at the door if it wasn't so bloated and guilty of overlooking far better material that was selected for its final release. IE: how on earth was Restless Nights overlooked?)

• Like 1

Welcome to the Lake etc. I'm a big fan of Adam Raised a Cain too! Also good to see Tunnel of Love currently featuring high in your thinking. What I would give to have only just discovered Bruce and to go on that journey all over again (sighs). Have you come across the acoustic versions of Adam from 1993 yet? It's a very different take but shines another light on the song:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tunnel Of Darkness said:

The "wall of sound"?

it's #4 for me probably in the album rankings. Since no one asked I have the top 3 as Darkness, Tunnel, Nebraska. (The River could easily be included and/or knocking at the door if it wasn't so bloated and guilty of overlooking far better material that was selected for its final release. IE: how on earth was Restless Nights overlooked?)

in response to your comment on the river almost being in your top 3

did you buy any of the nugs releases from the 2016 anniversary tour ?

after a few shows my opinion  completly changed on the relevance of some songs i would have previously described as fillers and froth now becoming relevant and standing  proudly on their own merits