Sign in to follow this  
robk1

Concert ticket prices

I had reason to dig out my concert ticket stubs from 1981... Manchester and Birmingham and spotted the prices...£5 !

I'd love to know the prices of some of the old old US concerts...as well as more recent tours.

• Like 1

$7.75 for the Darkness tour in Cincinnati.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't have the stubs. But I remember like it was yesterday:

Darkness was $7.50, Born in the USA was $25.00 thought the world was coming to the end, when all other acts were like $12.00. The River 16 tour my last was $156.00. 

• Like 2

I wonder what the Peeps paid for the legendary Main Point show in 75?  That had to be a bargain considering the performance.

4 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

I wonder what the Peeps paid for the legendary Main Point show in 75?  That had to be a bargain considering the performance.

Just guessing $1.50 cover charge to get into the club! 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I was thinking something like that too.  I was on another board and a guy who has since passed attended that show.  He didn't want to be there and had planned to go to another show (maybe KISS) and walked out an instant and die hard Bruce fan.  He said it was incredible.  

@JudgeBrown remembers him from that board I'm sure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

I was thinking something like that too.  I was on another board and a guy who has since passed attended that show.  He didn't want to be there and had planned to go to another show (maybe KISS) and walked out an instant and die hard Bruce fan.  He said it was incredible.  

@JudgeBrown remembers him from that board I'm sure.

Indeed.  And yes he wanted to go see KISS until that life changing moment, I think he even said he wore his KISS Army shirt to the MP show.  He passed away the same day Bruce played the Super Bowl.  Last text I ever got from him was him reminding me he nailed the setlist prediction.  RIP Noble.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Indeed.  And yes he wanted to go see KISS until that life changing moment, I think he even said he wore his KISS Army shirt to the MP show.  He passed away the same day Bruce played the Super Bowl.  Last text I ever got from him was him reminding me he nailed the setlist prediction.  RIP Noble.

I remember he passed during the Superbowl but forgot it was Bruce's Superbowl.  Seemed like a great guy, loved Bruce and Football, RIP.  I think you are right about the KISS Army shirt too :-)   Wasn't he the guy that blew his eardrum at a Nugent concert in the 70's too.

6 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

I remember he passed during the Superbowl but forgot it was Bruce's Superbowl.  Seemed like a great guy, loved Bruce and Football, RIP.  I think you are right about the KISS Army shirt too :-)   Wasn't he the guy that blew his eardrum at a Nugent concert in the 70's too.

I remember the eardrum. I can't remember the artist.

• Like 1

1 pound 9 shillings and sixpence ($2.95) (Cheap seats) Beatles Christchurch 1964...works out to about $60 in todays money

First show of many for me

Thank you mom for the birthday present

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Couldn't find a pic of any of my old Springsteen stubs, but I did find this one...

37013521_10216248144659036_8781831342783

• Like 2

5 hours ago, robk1 said:

I had reason to dig out my concert ticket stubs from 1981... Manchester and Birmingham and spotted the prices...£5 !

I'd love to know the prices of some of the old old US concerts...as well as more recent tours.

That’s inflation for you, Hammersmith in 1975, tickets £2.20, £1.65, £1.10, worth every penny I’d say

D258E5BF-81A6-4C5F-A1AD-B5FBA125042C.jpeg

I should know, I was there for the extra show. My ticket stub, £1.65 plus the cost of a stamp for return postage, went west many years ago but I’ve still got the concert poster, the only merch on sale, as a souvenir of a night that had a massive impact on my life.

• Like 9

always makes me laugh these sort of posts....

£2.20 in 1975 was a years pocket money

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

But then you'd have to buy some of the cakes , right?:D

49 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Even £66 seems like a bargain these day

I believe those prices will be the new normal, just to get people back into the stadiums/arenas 

• Like 1

im not really sure I will ever go to another concert, hard to envisage been in them types of crowd again,  the ticket prices may be cheaper, but due to so many closures and thinning down in the travel/hospitality sector travel costs  will go through the roof, supply and demand and all that. and im not one for going local usually.  Ive been lucky and i can live with concerts been over for me, i might have too

28 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

but due to so many closures and thinning down in the travel/hospitality sector travel costs  will go through the roof

And over here no police forces! ;)

• Like 1

Heard on E-Entertainment News last that LiveNation is prepared not to book arena/stadium shows/tours until vaccines become readily available and distributed world/wide. Looks like it may be a long good night for big production rock concert for at least a year or more. We may have indeed seen the last of the big-ticket rock shows we've been accustomed to for the past 50-plus years. I think we're looking at smaller shows in smaller venues as the new norm. Probably doable with Bruce as a solo act, but with E-Street?.....Wellll :unsure: As far as booking other big-ticket money grabbers....I mean, how are you going to book acts like the Stones, U2, Macca, Taylor Swift, Pearl Jam, et-al, into small venues?...

1 hour ago, gus said:

H YOU ARE ONE LUCKY BUGGER.

Luckier than you’d ever realise. Although I knew a little about Springsteen by 1975 — I regularly bought import copies of Rolling Stone magazine — nothing I’d read had persuaded me to buy the first two albums. My first real exposure to him was hearing BTR on UK radio in September 1975, the single was released to promote the October UK release of the album which was 3 months later than it’s US release. Loved the single, bought the album during it’s first week of UK release and that might have been the end of it but here’s where fate intervened. I moved to London in late October 1975 to take up my first job after university and only realised then that Bruce was playing in London the following month but the show was sold out. Fortunately the extra date was then added, I scored a ticket and the rest is history, right place, right time, right show.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:33 PM, JudgeBrown said:

Seeing KISS in 1975 wouldn't have been bad either.

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Seeing KISS in 1975 wouldn't have been bad either.

For sure.  I first saw them in 78 on the day Elvis died.