I need one after this: 

2014-04-22, Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA

High Hopes Tour

Clampdown

Badlands

Johnny 99

Stand on It

Seven Nights to Rock

Stand On It and I Wanna Be With You ( which i see was also played that night ) maybe my two biggest fails .....My god though ....that opening should have been the LAST 5 ....Not the first 5 ....incredible ......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I kind of meant that he wasn’t shooting at this end result :D But when he did end up with this, it was just perfect. I always liked how it was Stevie who convinced him he should just release the demos and abandon his vision for an electric version.

Well, when he released it this is the album he was shooting for. Maybe not when originally recording it but he knew what he was releasing and hit it right in the head. Born to Run would have been perfect without Meeting Across the River. 

53 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Born To Run would have been perfect without Meeting Across the River. 

Original tracklisting with Linda Let Me Be The One instead of Meeting Across The River?

(until the original tracklisting was changed)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Original tracklisting with Linda Let Me Be The One instead of Meeting Across The River?

(until the original tracklisting was changed)

I don’t think so. I don’t love that song. It lacks the passion of the other Born to Run songs. What other discarded songs were there at that time?

5 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I don’t think so. I don’t love that song. It lacks the passion of the other Born to Run songs. What other discarded songs were there at that time?

loney night in the park

personally i love Linda let me be the one but you and Mike Appel won that one ! 

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Born to Run would have been perfect without Meeting Across the River. 

You lost me on that one.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

You lost me on that one.

It’s the song as much as it is the song in the context of that album. It brings the album to a screeching halt to me and sticks out like a sore thumb. The rest of the album is as good as a rock album gets.

41 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

loney night in the park

personally i love Linda let me be the one but you and Mike Appel won that one ! 

Yeah, it’s not a bad song just not a great one. And it doesn’t feel like Born to Run to me. 

1 minute ago, Jertucky said:

Yeah, it’s not a bad song just not a great one. And it doesn’t feel like Born to Run to me. 

fair enough :)

i still am a fan of Mike Appel too ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I need one after this: 

2014-04-22, Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA

High Hopes Tour

Clampdown

Badlands

Johnny 99

Stand on It

Seven Nights to Rock

I was there, a cousin of mine was in the group that won the pit lottery.  This was the show after @VABOSSFAN won the lottery in Charlotte.

A member of our group had a sign for Back In Your Arms that was played by request.

Fun night.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, burghfan said:

I was there, a cousin of mine was in the group that won the pit lottery.  This was the show after @VABOSSFAN won the lottery in Charlotte.

A member of our group had a sign for Back In Your Arms that was played by request.

Fun night.

I really wish I joined earlier and meet all you back then, as I believe those chances are now gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

I really wish I joined earlier and meet all you back then, as I believe those chances are now gone.

Any chance that you are a NASCAR fan?  They are back in Nashville next year, going to try to talk @VABOSSFAN into going if they allow fans.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, burghfan said:

Any chance that you are a NASCAR fan?  They are back in Nashville next year, going to try to talk @VABOSSFAN into going if they allow fans.

No, not a NASCAR fan, but I am willing to learn.;) Yep only a 4 hour drive for me. And would pass up a night or two out on the strip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

im sure we will have more tours

hopefully no more of us get banned or leave before then

We've had full band versions of all the Nebraska songs on official releases for a long time now, so that demystified the whole E Nebraska thing for me quite a while back.

The real treasures are the dozens of outtakes from those mammoth sessions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

We've had full band versions of all the Nebraska songs on official releases for a long time now, so that demystified the whole E Nebraska thing for me quite a while back.

The real treasures are the dozens of outtakes from those mammoth sessions.

i agee on the outtakes

child bride, the lossing kind, fade to black 

do we know what was on the two disks of material that never made tracks ?

16 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Also re. None But The Brave, if a track was recorded there and then I wonder why Bruce decided to record overdubs for the version we got on the Essentials CD

I think the version on Essential has a different verse to the original bootlegged version, from memory. The original is better, in my opinion. Brian Hiatt, in his excellent book The Stories Behind The Songs, doesn't rate NBTB and suggests that Chuck Plotkin was one of those convincing Bruce to leave it off BITUSA. A wrong call as far as I'm concerned. One of my very favourite Bruce songs and on my bucket list (not optimistic but who knows?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old English Town said:

I think the version on Essential has a different verse to the original bootlegged version, from memory. The original is better, in my opinion. Brian Hiatt, in his excellent book The Stories Behind The Songs, doesn't rate NBTB and suggests that Chuck Plotkin was one of those convincing Bruce to leave it off BITUSA. A wrong call as far as I'm concerned. One of my very favourite Bruce songs and on my bucket list (not optimistic but who knows?).

NBTB is a good song, but I've never liked the way that the chorus scans, he forces the syllables to fit the melody. Like he does on Back IYA.

2 hours ago, Old English Town said:

Some interesting thoughts here on None But The Brave

http://estreetshuffle.com/index.php/2018/09/24/roll-of-the-dice-none-but-the-brave/

I like very much that he wore an E-Street Fans shirt, but the Light-of-Day people apparently didn't explain to him where it comes from and what history it has. :(

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

No, not a NASCAR fan, but I am willing to learn.;) Yep only a 4 hour drive for me. And would pass up a night or two out on the strip.

NHRA>nascar

jf.jpg

Nebraska has a timeless feeling like it was carved in stone. The only album of Springsteen that is - maybe not quite as good  - but at least in the same league as Dylan at his best. I don't think I want Springsteen to mess with that and release an album with the band versions of the songs. A problem from my point of view is that the BIUA-songs are all much better live than the studio versions - while the live band versions of the Nebraska-songs is not nearly as good as the live BIUA-songs. That doesn't bode well for "Electric Nebraska".

Have really enjoyed listening to Max answering fans questions. He comes across really well, and seems a really nice guy. In fact, all the E Street Band seem like nice people, when I've seen them interviewed.

Would be great if Bruce would do something like this one day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Walking In The Street (aka Lovers In The Cold). Lonely Night In The Park, as Daisey said. And Linda Let Me Be The One. That's all it seems; and many various alternate versions of the 8 songs on the album, including Thunder Road with saxophone opening, Backstreets with strings and Born To Run with female backing vocals.

Maybe some of the WIESS outtakes (Hey Santa Ana, Seaside Bar Song, Thundercrack, Zero And Blind Terry) were re-considered for Born To Run.

Edit: Brucebase knows everything and also mentions these songs: Janey Needs A Shooter, So Young And In Love, Song For Orphans, Angels Blues (aka She's So Fine, or Ride On Sweet William; known among fans from the only known live performance in Houston in 1974) and a list of 'possible Born To Run-era songs'.

Which confirms the fact Bruce made (almost) all the right decisions in selecting (and sequencing) songs for studio albums, except for The River and Human Touch. (almost; like, Brothers Under The Bridge should have been on the Joad album; but in general: almost all the right decisions).

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, Jertucky said:

It’s the song as much as it is the song in the context of that album. It brings the album to a screeching halt to me and sticks out like a sore thumb. The rest of the album is as good as a rock album gets.

I think Meeting makes the album perfect, love the story it tells and is a highlight for me.  The perfect transition into Jungleland.  

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2