newcastle roy

Your fav Springsteen Youtube vid

17 hours ago, Tunnel Of Darkness said:

Another favourite. I've watched both Brooklyn performances but in this one Nils just 100% nails the solo and the note his hits @ 4:30 with Steve turning around incredulously always get me.

Awesome just awesome 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

14 years ago i love this and i still do now, it's one of my very fav Springsteen covers

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

Oh, the official Springsteen channel on YouTube is as easy as abc. The archival series have set a new standard, andt the real fight going on YouTube is the constant battle going between the upgraded videos with archival sound and the brain police trying to take those things down ...

...as long it will last, on YouTube have fun with next searches:

Springsteen w/dubbed audio

Springsteen soundboard 2016

Springsteen Pro Audio

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, mariasbed said:

Great choice, surely has to be one of, if not the, best cover he's ever done. The guitar playing is magnificent, and the vocal too, the way his voice cracks at one point. So much emotion in this performance.

I was completely oblivious to this performance until fairly recently, when  I saw a thread on here about it, but it quickly became a favourite. Firstly, it's a great song to begin with, and I'm not a Sting fan (not a hater, just never really gotten around to listening to his music in any depth), with all the themes that made  Springsteen's songwriting so evocative around the Nebraska period; sin, guilt, repentance (or in this case lack of), it could easily be a Springsteen song. The song has a great melody, and Bruce sings it perfectly, and Bruce's guitar poses are well judged; the subliminal Darkness...riff is just the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Really love this song! And then to think I could have been there as this was played practically in my backyard ........ Does anyone know if the complete performance is available somewhere on DVD or something? 

• Like 1