• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found it  

Intro to Volume VI.

I have not listened to the show yet, but thanks very much Born To Walk for the great updates.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Were there less songs this week?

Yes. This week was about 40 minutes shorter than the last one. I'd guess that may be to do with it being a late replacement for the show he had prepared.

After two powerful, serious shows hopefully next time will be the celebration of summer he had planned.

3 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Just listened and I thought it was another great show. I think he is getting into his stride as a radio presenter and he selected some great songs. I absolutely loved the Obama clip straight into Marvin - pure class.

How did you get to listen?

On 6/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, burgessliam22 said:

Does anyone have a recorded version of the show they could link as a download? In the UK and the free stuff has ended :(

Maybe I'm missing something here but why is it that none of these shows have surfaced on jungleland? Bob's Theme Time Radio Hour was traded heavily back in the days and I'm sure you can still find compilations of all his shows on some tracker. I can't find anything on Bruce's sets. Would greatly appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Romas

I've been able to acquire all six parts (hopefully so far) thanks to the selflessness of the Springsteen fan community, and I've been listening to them sparingly over the last week. I've managed to finish parts 1-3 on walks and likely would have listened to the lot if not for my favourite podcast releasing new episodes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

What's struck me funny in properly listening to these and hearing Bruce's monologues is the realisation that it's really about so much more than just the music with him now. There's a genuine sense of comfort evoked from his words and I don't think I've ever truly appreciated how better off my life has been because of that. 

And I'm really happy to have heard these two songs, they're my standouts amid the wide variety of tracks he's played. 

• Like 1

@Paolo's Circus Story I get it now ^_^

image.png.87728444d3f082e239f9171094cf5692.png

On 4/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

ok, hearing it'll be a wild affair with Bruce and Patti just shooting the shit, giving us updates and playing a good few songs they love.

playlist is as follows:

"Only The Lonely" (Roy Orbison) - Bruce is set to greet us and start us off by talking about how important this song has been to his life. 

"Bring It On Home To Me" (Sam Cooke)

"The Boys of Summer" (Don Henley)

"Can't Let Go" (Lucinda Williams)

"Like a Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan)
------ At this point Bruce will stop 'hogging' the spotlight and let Patti talk - Patti UPDATE - She'll tell us how she is and will let Bruce pick a song of hers to play:

"Rumble Doll" (Patti Scialfa)
------ In a weird move Bruce is then going to combine two of his favourites: Queen and Wyclef Jean, by playing...

"Another One Bites The Dust" (Wyclef Jean, 1998)

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

@Paolo's Circus Story I get it now ^_^

image.png.87728444d3f082e239f9171094cf5692.png

On 4/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

ok, hearing it'll be a wild affair with Bruce and Patti just shooting the shit, giving us updates and playing a good few songs they love.

playlist is as follows:

"Only The Lonely" (Roy Orbison) - Bruce is set to greet us and start us off by talking about how important this song has been to his life. 

"Bring It On Home To Me" (Sam Cooke)

"The Boys of Summer" (Don Henley)

"Can't Let Go" (Lucinda Williams)

"Like a Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan)
------ At this point Bruce will stop 'hogging' the spotlight and let Patti talk - Patti UPDATE - She'll tell us how she is and will let Bruce pick a song of hers to play:

"Rumble Doll" (Patti Scialfa)
------ In a weird move Bruce is then going to combine two of his favourites: Queen and Wyclef Jean, by playing...

"Another One Bites The Dust" (Wyclef Jean, 1998)

I thought that was obvious! :lol:

Remember, you can't all retract your "well done"/"not a bad effort" comments, as I've already enjoyed reading them :P

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Remember, you can't all retract your "well done"/"not a bad effort" comments, as I've already enjoyed reading them :P

I demand the restoration of the right to edit old posts (and a time machine)! :lol:

• Haha 1