Greasy Lake Community

Any idea why I can't post a YT video now? When I click 'Share' I just get the dreaded circle going round and round.

Same for the comments under the videos (I like reading them!).  Dreaded circle again.

Do I now have to sign in (create an account?).  I've never had to do that before.

Hi Lorraine,

I have just tried to do this, with the new laptop to see if it works and it does, silly question:lol: phone ot laptop? have you switch everything off, told you it was a silly question, it only takes seconds to stop the dreaded circle, you don't have to have an account.

52 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Laptop. I don't even know where to start with posting YT vids from my phone :lol:. It just stopped working for me last week. Weird.

As you say weird, maybe delete cookies? I have no idea what I am talking about but when Keith had trouble getting into estreest radio he did this and it worked. Where are the computer boffins.:D

On 6/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, CosmicKid said:

Try using a different browser and see if that works.

:lol: And pray, tell me, dear CosmicKid, what different browser should I use and where should I find it? And would it be free? :D I use Google Chrome which you recommended to me quite a while ago, and have had no problems with it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

:lol: And pray, tell me, dear CosmicKid, what different browser should I use and where should I find it? And would it be free? :D I use Google Chrome which you recommended to me quite a while ago, and have had no problems with it.

He might need a strong drink after helping us.:D

• Haha 2

If you use chrome see this post.

You could try firefox as an alternative to chrome.

When posting youtube vids you can click on share or alternatively click on the address at the top of your screen (next to the padlock sign) it will highlight, then right click choose copy and then right click in your GL post and choose paste.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

If you use chrome see this post.

You could try firefox as an alternative to chrome.

When posting youtube vids you can click on share or alternatively click on the address at the top of your screen (next to the padlock sign) it will highlight, then right click choose copy and then right click in your GL post and choose paste.

Ah, OK.  So I've managed to post a video on the Aww thread by clicking on the address next to the padlock sign. I didn't know you could do that.  Thanks.

Next question! (You KNOW there's going to be a next question, don't you?).  If I download Firefox as a browser (only for YouTube I guess), will I lose Google Chrome or can I still use it for everything else apart from YT?

I still don't understand why I can't see the comments section under the videos.  Can you, @jmw?

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, OK.  So I've managed to post a video on the Aww thread by clicking on the address next to the padlock sign. I didn't know you could do that.  Thanks.

Next question! (You KNOW there's going to be a next question, don't you?).  If I download Firefox as a browser (only for YouTube I guess), will I lose Google Chrome or can I still use it for everything else apart from YT?

I still don't understand why I can't see the comments section under the videos.  Can you, @jmw?

Yes I can see the comments under the videos I post.

I don't know, my brother in law set mine up and he uses Firefox.

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

No just use either browser as and when you want. You can import all your bookmarks into firefox if you want when installing. You will be asked whether you want to make it the default but that's your choice. Either way you can use either chrome or firefox as you wish. On win 10 you should also have microsoft edge as a browser too though few people use it.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Please dear @CosmicKid or dear @riverdude2

Can you please help me too

I can't post videos from my phone or laptop

Laptop uses firefox i think

I think the phone (samsung galaxy 6) uses crome

This is what i see on my phone 

Screenshot_20200716-114457.png

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Please dear @CosmicKid or dear @riverdude2

Can you please help me too

I can't post videos from my phone or laptop

Laptop uses firefox i think

I think the phone (samsung galaxy 6) uses crome

This is what i see on my phone 

Screenshot_20200716-114457.png

This is malware ie the pop up saying you've made the 9.68 billionth search.

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/14415-you-ve-made-the-5-billionth-search-pop-up-scam

and https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-youve-made-the-5-billionth-search/

You'll need to read thru above and try and follow to remove this malware.

Let us know how you get on.

@riverdude2 I just ignore the melwear, didn't evwn notice it was on my screen shot - is that bad ?

Ill try my best posting a video

31 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

This is malware ie the pop up saying you've made the 9.68 billionth search.

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/14415-you-ve-made-the-5-billionth-search-pop-up-scam

and https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-youve-made-the-5-billionth-search/

You'll need to read thru above and try and follow to remove this malware.

Let us know how you get on.

I read your link

Seems i should do it for security reaaons

Thanks for the tip 

But I don't think this will fix my not knowing how to post videos 

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

@riverdude2 I just ignore the melwear, didn't evwn notice it was on my screen shot - is that bad ?

Ill try my best posting a video

You must not ignore the malware. If you read the articles above, you will see why. It can be removed fairly easily and I'd recommend you use malwarebytes to scan your devices on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

You must not ignore the malware. If you read the articles above, you will see why. It can be removed fairly easily and I'd recommend you use malwarebytes to scan your devices on a regular basis.

Will do

Im on it

Thanks for the heads up 

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

Will do

Im on it

Thanks for the heads up 

No problem. We can return to your youtube posting problem later although removing any malware may fix it anyway.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

No problem. We can return to your youtube posting problem later although removing any malware may fix it anyway.

I installed a melwear app thingy and it didn't find any

I guess i need to follow the instructions to the letter so i need the lap top on greasylake and follow your link to know what to do with the phone  but Gary has the lights off because his eyes hurt and he yells why can't i find the key board light on my laptop keyboard but i don't think its flash enough to have that. Can't find a torch - cannot see to type 

I don't know why everything has to be do hard 

Will have to do it tomorrow in daylight 

• Like 1
On 6/23/2020 at 11:02 AM, riverdude2 said:

When posting youtube vids you can........ click on the address at the top of your screen (next to the padlock sign) it will highlight, then right click choose copy and then right click in your GL post and choose paste.

That's how I do it.