Greasy Lake Community

Plenty of BITUSA tour material in the vault

2 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Besides the Rosato material, then there is also Toronto 1984 kicking of with the 2nd set. Strange how the first part of this concert is missing but probably in the vault too

242655288_BRUCE_SPRINGSTEEN_Live_CNE_Grandstand_Toronto_ON_Canada_1984.jpg.0fd8e40f0c34181db6d3a783690bcf54.jpg

Great bootleg dvd. It is a crime that the first set is missing. Ripped the audio from this show in mp3 for personal use and play it regularly 

2 hours ago, Breakaway said:

In the Backstreets article I referred to, it says that "most of the past year (1986-1987) has been spent working on five songs (presumably the five planned singles to be released from Live). Rosato is the producer behind the "War" video, the first of the five to be released."

Now I am getting curious which were the 4th and 5th planned singles, why they were not released and if there were maybe plans to release non-album tracks as B-Sides. Such a shame only For You, Incident On 57th Street and Merry Christmas Baby were released as extra tracks.

Nebraska deserves it own 'box set'. Maybe more a modest 2CD or 3CD re-release than a box set.

Different audiences of potentially interested buyers too.

Plenty of discussion about that before the past years, with good arguments for both (either separate Nebraska re-release or part of a BUSA box).

• Like 1
21 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

The Prince estate Just set a bar I would like the Boss to match with a combined Nebraska and Born in the USA box.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/prince-sign-o-the-times-deluxe-reissue-bonus-tracks-1234689805/

I'm really looking forward to this release, especially the live material and the unreleased songs. That New Years Eve show is fantastic. There's been video of it floating around for years.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kooly said:

I'm really looking forward to this release, especially the live material and the unreleased songs. That New Years Eve show is fantastic. There's been video of it floating around for years.

Is there a release on the way to actually look forward to?

On 6/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, Lampi said:

Nebraska deserves it own 'box set'. Maybe more a modest 2CD or 3CD re-release than a box set.

Different audiences of potentially interested buyers too.

Plenty of discussion about that before the past years, with good arguments for both (either separate Nebraska re-release or part of a BUSA box).

They are more likely to do something shitty like Release B ITUSA box set with much fanfair then 5 months latter with new Nebraska material included 

Then the next year Nebraska on its own with a t shirt and some lame Q&A sessions c/o bxt - the Tee shirt will be great though and defiatly worth $89

Anyway more importantly Bruce needs to get this material out there while he can still have full artistic control over it and not wait till the trustees of his estate do as they see fit in a money grab after he is gone and we are all too old to enjoy it

• Like 2