Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

Dixie Chicks Change Band Name

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Aw c'mon pilgrim. Alright, so his societal growth was stunted & his politics blew, but he was in some great flicks..."The Longest Day", "In Harm's Way",  "The War Wagon", "True Grit". 

Still love Rio Bravo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Still love Rio Bravo.

That's a good 'un too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JustDan said:

That's a good 'un too.

Are you quoting Walter Brennen or is just a coincidence? ;-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Are you quoting Walter Brennen or is just a coincidence? ;-)

Walter Brennen?.....

Oh yea!... I u'member him from back in the Love-Me-Do days.

3 hours ago, JustDan said:

Walter Brennen?.....

Oh yea!... I u'member him from back in the Love-Me-Do days.

"That's a good 'un!" :-)

I have to watch this movie this weekend.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I guess thats why I never heard of these thing before, as I thought he was a very "B" actor. And never watched unless force to. 

I used to love John Wayne movies when I was younger - most people I know did too. Loved True Grit and other later ones as well.

I suppose it's like the argument about whether you should still like somebody's music even though deemed to be less than perfect in their eyes.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:21 PM, THUE said:

Jefferson Airplane changed their name to Jefferson Starship and then Starship and nobody batted an eye. Strangely they got worse each time they changed their name. Lesson being don't keep changing your name or your talent disappears. 

These name change really in the grand scheme are harmless. Lady A? If you stop liking Lady A because of this it really says more about you than them. Dixie Chicks the same and others. 

Spizzenergi, Spizzoil, Athletico Spizz 80, The Spizzles, Spizzenergi 2, SpizzOrwell, Spizz Astronauties.........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Spizzenergi, Spizzoil, Athletico Spizz 80, The Spizzles, Spizzenergi 2, SpizzOrwell, Spizz Astronauties.........

Must admit had to google it..lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, THUE said:

Must admit had to google it..lol

Aye.......a tad "niche".

We are succumbing to the lowest common denominator of being woke and offended.  I’m guessing that there will be a backlash some day. 

The pendulum always swings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know why anyone really is getting excited about this or the Lady A thing. The only backlash is to those associated to the band. Can anyone name one effect on their daily lives that will be effected by the Dixie Chicks changing their name to the Chicks. I mean the same nimrods who hated them for talking about Bush are now so offended by their name change. 

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

We are succumbing to the lowest common denominator of being woke and offended.  I’m guessing that there will be a backlash some day. 

So, what you're saying is...people of color should not be so easily offended by words/symbols/imagery of slavery/being held in bondage, being racially profiled...etc. Correct me if I'm wrong....please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

Yes, yes it do......In fact, it might swing at the ballot box/voting booth this November...

14 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Yes, yes it do......In fact, it might swing at the ballot box/voting booth this November...

Just mail it in. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, THUE said:

I don't know why anyone really is getting excited about this or the Lady A thing. The only backlash is to those associated to the band. Can anyone name one effect on their daily lives that will be effected by the Dixie Chicks changing their name to the Chicks. I mean the same nimrods who hated them for talking about Bush are now so offended by their name change.

No!, their music just sucks. And that's before the Bush comments. 

2 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Bless. 

Loving the self pity.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JustDan said:

So, what you're saying is...people of color should not be so easily offended by words/symbols/imagery of slavery/being held in bondage, being racially profiled...etc. Correct me if I'm wrong....please.

I am puzzled by any outrage over the Dixie Chicks name or Lady Antebellum’s name.  It’s mostly an issue with white liberals.  Was anyone really calling for this?  Especially in light of the everyday misogynistic and violent lyrics that permeate popular rap music these days. 

IMO, it seems most outrage is misplaced.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Of course it will. 

42 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Just mail it in. 

I intend to. One for myself, two for my parents who are house-bound, one for my late grandfather and 2 for my late grandmothers :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No!, their music just sucks. And that's before the Bush comments. 

Like I said so you aren't effected at all. You thought they sucked then and now so who cares what their name is. Also there was NO outrage over either of their names. They made a decision to simply change their names, perhaps simply out of respect for the current climate. In the grand scheme of things not very important life altering decision that will effect anyone in the long run. especially those who didn't care in the first place. 

The fake outrage in this scenario is those criticizing them for doing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THUE said:

Like I said so you aren't effected at all. You thought they sucked then and now so who cares what their name is. Also there was NO outrage over either of their names. They made a decision to simply change their names, perhaps simply out of respect for the current climate. In the grand scheme of things not very important life altering decision that will effect anyone in the long run. especially those who didn't care in the first place. 

The fake outrage in this scenario is those criticizing them for doing it. 

They did it for publicity, good or bad, just something to get them back on the front page their music is shit.

No outrage here, just it's all very silly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JustDan said:

I intend to. One for myself, two for my parents who are house-bound, one for my late grandfather and 2 for my late grandmothers :)

You don't live in Chicago do you?

11 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

They did it for publicity, good or bad, just something to get them back on the front page their music is shit.

No outrage here, just it's all very silly.

Lol. Their music is shit is personal opinion. I happen to like them but whether you or I like them isn't the point. Those who don't like them dont really know their path. Everyone thinks that they dissapeared after the Bush comment. They had a huge album afterwards,  despite little country radio play. Grammy award, multi platinum. They toured withe Eagles for a bit, then a couple years ago they toured again in big arenas. So they have continued to be relevant,  though those that dont like them think they have been in hiding since the Bush comments. Which makes most peoples comments about them come from a place of ignorance about their career. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, THUE said:

Lol. Their music is shit is personal opinion. I happen to like them but whether you or I like them isn't the point. Those who don't like them dont really know their path. Everyone thinks that they dissapeared after the Bush comment. They had a huge album afterwards,  despite little country radio play. Grammy award, multi platinum. They toured withe Eagles for a bit, then a couple years ago they toured again in big arenas. So they have continued to be relevant,  though those that dont like them think they have been in hiding since the Bush comments. Which makes most peoples comments about them come from a place of ignorance about their career. 

You're right, I don't like their music so haven't been following their careers. 

But what you just said makes their name change more likely a stunt. As I haven't heard about them in years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You're right, I don't like their music so haven't been following their careers. 

But what you just said makes their name change more likely a stunt. As I haven't heard about them in 

Or you haven't heard about them because you dont follow them. It seems somewhat simple. 

• Like 2