Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

Dixie Chicks Change Band Name

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

It seems so long ago when there was all that hoop la after they criticized President Bush 

I bet he didn't even have time to care what they said

Looking back on it it seems rather absurd

Did they get banned from country radio stations because the conservative listeners demanded it ?

Stations and listeners alike. I was in Radio at the time. Not on a country station but with a company that owned one. The listener push was, we will not listen to your station if you play them. In kind some corps. Or stations simply banned them from play as a company decision.  They were anti american per the listener and station ownership. Some stations held events where their CDs were burned. Shut up and Sing the documentary they did is a good source for the story. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, THUE said:

Stations and listeners alike. I was in Radio at the time. Not on a country station but with a company that owned one. The listener push was, we will not listen to your station if you play them. In kind some corps. Or stations simply banned them from play as a company decision.  They were anti american per the listener and station ownership. Some stations held events where their CDs were burned. Shut up and Sing the documentary they did is a good source for the story. 

Cancel culture before there was cancel culture.

46 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Cancel culture before there was cancel culture.

Boycotting advertisers for shows that people disagree with is fairly common.  This cancel culture stuff is just gaining serious steam because of social media.

Wow. There have been some great break up albums down the years, but this takes some beating. These girls have been SHAT UPON!!  Venom in every song, even wishing one of their exes a slow and painful death.

Great album. Recommended.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Wow. There have been some great break up albums down the years, but this takes some beating. These girls have been SHAT UPON!!  Venom in every song, even wishing one of their exes a slow and painful death.

Great album. Recommended.

But they once said naughty things about President Bush.

1 hour ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

But they once said naughty things about President Bush.

They were victims of the cancel culture before there was a cancel culture.

The funny part of the then "cancel culture" is those same people are screaming from the heavens about todays "cancel culture". 

Well, I'm just glad that the Dixie Chicks are now known as The Chicks.   As a result, I'm sleeping better, and my skin has cleared up.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Well, I'm just glad that the Dixie Chicks are now known as The Chicks.   As a result, I'm sleeping better, and my skin has cleared up.  ;)

Well Pro-Active is going to go out of business if a bands name change clears up bad skin. Teens across the world are rejoicing. Zit Cancel Culture!

• Haha 1

All three are in their mid-40s to 50. 'Chicks' seems inappropriate at this stage. They should change to 'The Ladies'.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JustDan said:

All three are in their mid-40s to 50. 'Chicks' seems inappropriate at this stage. They should change to 'The Ladies'.

Or Broads!

37 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Lest anyone get snippy for any perceived sexist talk here, one of my fave bands, Sonic Youth, used to get chided for the "youth" part of their name.

It comes with the territory of longevity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JustDan said:

@AMIW will still call them chickies :-)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JustDan said:

And they could report back to us here when they lunch.

• Like 1

Great album :wub:

Question.

When is Confederate Railroad changing their name (and logo for that matter)?

How the hell does this continue. And on Disney + at that. 

image.png.9ca5cf0177bcf6a9b20ab8a3e0211ab1.png

How many slaves and slave owners in this show. I hope like hell they never ban it, love that production in Chicago a few years ago. 

Well....at least the Chicks aren't un-American...

• Haha 5

Trump v Natalie Maines would be a good scrap.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Trump v Natalie Maines would be a good scrap.

My money would he on Natalie.

• Like 1