Sign in to follow this  
Harry42

The Glastonbury Experience - Saturday 27th 8pm-9.30pm

For UK Lakers the Saturday Glastonbury Experience programme on BBC2 will be showing highlights from the 2009 Springsteen headliner set. Supposed "rarely" seen before tunes.

It will probably be available on the BBC Iplayer for a few days afterwards if you cant see it on the day.

Not his best performance but enjoy all the same!

• Thanks 2

From BBC website - ‘previously unbroadcast highlights’ of Bruce Springsteen from 2009...... probably one song.

Something to look forward to in any case!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slane85 said:

From BBC website - ‘previously unbroadcast highlights’ of Bruce Springsteen from 2009...... probably one song.

"Coma Girl"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry42 said:

For UK Lakers the Saturday Glastonbury Experience programme on BBC2 will be showing highlights from the 2009 Springsteen headliner set. Supposed "rarely" seen before tunes.

It will probably be available on the BBC Iplayer for a few days afterwards if you cant see it on the day.

Not his best performance but enjoy all the same!

I didn't think they were showing Bruce.

This is what it says! 

Interesting.....

47800E34-E544-4BC2-A6AF-8555294438D8.png

deleted. already posted

Bruce missed a huge opportunity at Glastonbury in my opinion. One of the biggest and most watched music festivals in the world and he chose to play the setlist from the Working on a Dream tour containing many songs nobody in the crowd or watching on TV had even heard of. It should have been a "best of" concert, showcasing the absolute best of his live show material and interactions with the crowd. He could have picked up thousands of new fans. I just thought it was a bit of a let down to be honest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Bruce missed a huge opportunity at Glastonbury in my opinion. One of the biggest and most watched music festivals in the world and he chose to play the setlist from the Working on a Dream tour containing many songs nobody in the crowd or watching on TV had even heard of. It should have been a "best of" concert, showcasing the absolute best of his live show material and interactions with the crowd. He could have picked up thousands of new fans. I just thought it was a bit of a let down to be honest.

When you look at what a band like the Cure did last year (i.e. deliver a legendary, hit-filled sho)  I have to agree with you - Glasto is not another tour stop 

As it goes, are there any audio-rips kicking about of the Glastonbury set taken from the BBC airing (ala Live in Hyde Park and the like)?

A long time back the set aired was on YouTube and I remember having a copy of it. It's long gone from YouTube now and I have no idea what happened to my hour long recording, but now it makes me wonder...

14 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I tend to agree with you but have a friend who has been to a few Glastonbury's and says Bruce was the best he has seen. He enjoyed it so much he wouldn't go to see him again in case he wasn't as good!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whispered secret said:

he wouldn't go to see him again in case he wasn't as good

how odd!

Wasn’t it so that BBC radio broadcasted different songs than they broadcast on tv. If I am correct there is floating around a bootleg with the both broadcasts combined together. 

Even a small change such as dropping Outlaw Pete and replacing it with (say) 'Born In The USA' and 'Hungry Heart' would have made a difference.

However, the set wasn't exactly light in "crown jewels":

Badlands

Prove It All Night

Because The Night

No Surrender

The Promised Land

The River

Born To Run

Thunder Road

Glory Days

Dancing In The Dark 

21 hours ago, slane85 said:

Maybe re-edit the footage to  cut out the flags and show camera angles where you can see the band. 

• Like 1

He was a tour too early to play Glastonbury which is such a shame / missed opportunity.  Had he played there during the Wrecking Ball tour he would have blowed the crowd away. 

Unfortunately it was the tour with such hits such as Outlaw Pete; Working on a Dream and - most laughable of all - : Hard Times Come Again No More. 

22 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:

So what was broadcast last night not seen before?

You still can see it on BBC2, The Glastonbury Experience 8pm -9:30pm tonight (Saturday)

5 minutes ago, LONDONCALLING said:

You still can see it on BBC2, The Glastonbury Experience 8pm -9:30pm tonight (Saturday)

Big sister sent me an e-mail in case I didn't know.:D

13 minutes ago, LONDONCALLING said:

Haha...sorry my mistake. Will be watching. 

20 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As it goes, are there any audio-rips kicking about 9of the Glastonbury set taken from the BBC airing (ala Live in Hyde Park and the like)?

Gonna bump this question, because surely there is?

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Gonna bump this question, because surely there is?

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

oh dammit, sorry Born to Walk!

Don't call me Shirley

• Haha 1

The following songs have never been broadcast on TV:

COMA GIRL / MY LUCKY DAY / SEEDS / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / RAISE YOUR HAND / NO SURRENDER / RADIO NOWHERE / LONESOME DAY / THE RISING / HARD TIMES (COME AGAIN NO MORE)

Of those songs shown on BBC TV, all but JOHNNY 99 and BECAUSE THE NIGHT were shown as live on BBC Two (TV almost caught up to show GLORY DAYS and DANCING live - I know this as there was a low quality, silent live webcam showing the Pyramid Stage in the distance - you could just about make out the big screens. Helped me call the setlistvision thread on BTX back in the day, although nobody had a clue about COMA GIRL for a while. I *think* that may have been identified on either the TV and radio coverage not long after it happened). The other two were aired on BBC Four a day or two later from memory. 

These are the only songs that didn’t air on BBC radio during the festival:

COMA GIRL / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / RAISE YOUR HAND / NO SURRENDER / HARD TIMES (COME AGAIN NO MORE)

And here's me sitting, waiting for a Monkees' song.

• Like 1