Greasy Lake Community

The Glastonbury Experience - Saturday 27th 8pm-9.30pm

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember watching glasto set in london hotel room before Hyde park, thought it was a pretty awesome show, Hyde park was great apart from sitting through hours of crap before Bruce( with the odd except

Bruce missed a huge opportunity at Glastonbury in my opinion. One of the biggest and most watched music festivals in the world and he chose to play the setlist from the Working on a Dream tour contain

For UK Lakers the Saturday Glastonbury Experience programme on BBC2 will be showing highlights from the 2009 Springsteen headliner set. Supposed "rarely" seen before tunes. It will probably be av

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

If this hasn't been shown before, how have I got a recording of it?

Quite.

Although No Surrender follows this in the set - that hasn’t aired previously. 

50 minutes ago, jmw said:

I know nothing about the Arctic Monkeys. 

Their first album is great.

Lost touch after that.

And Mardy Bum is awesome.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

BECAUSE THE NIGHT (previously aired on BBC Four) / NO SURRENDER (never before been seen)

Love because the night.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Eileen said:

He seems to be meandering from the tune.

Eeee well, that filled in a bit of time.

I am enjoying dancing around the bedroom.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jmw said:

I remember seeing that at Hyde Park. 

Was it Hyde Park or Glasto that Brian Fallon came on stage?

And that's why he was a bit knackered at Hyde Park the next day :lol:

Clarence looked frail and, looking back, Because The Night seemed slow.  I remember listening to the broadcast while getting excited for the next day.  Great weekend, that was!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

And that's why he was a bit knackered at Hyde Park the next day :lol:

Clarence looked frail and, looking back, Because The Night seemed slow.  I remember listening to the broadcast while getting excited for the next day.  Great weekend, that was!

I remember hearing at the time that they didn’t get to the London hotel until gone 3am on the Sunday*. If that was true no wonder that his voice went during the second half of the Hyde Park gig (which I think is still the better show.)

* I know at least three people who also did the doubleheader - Glastonbury was effectively the most expensive Bruce ticket they’d bought until Broadway.

Whilst Bruce's voice did go a bit towards the end of Hyde Park the next day, to me it still sounded better than Glastonbury.

There it didn't sound strong at all, as though he was struggling to be heard. Don't know if it was down to the sound mix, but think that's probably the worst I've heard it, even on You Tube recordings.

11 minutes ago, mariasbed said:

Whilst Bruce's voice did go a bit towards the end of Hyde Park the next day, to me it still sounded better than Glastonbury.

There it didn't sound strong at all, as though he was struggling to be heard. Don't know if it was down to the sound mix, but think that's probably the worst I've heard it, even on You Tube recordings.

Aside from a three-song guest appearance with Phish (on 14 June), there were 14 days between the Bonnaroo show and Glastonbury (27 June). I wonder if that’s what made him a little raspy at the latter.  

Thought there was new songs being played. Same shit. Bloody dire sound too on Bruce. Why is his performance so dull and lacking noise ?