Sign in to follow this  
Harry42

The Glastonbury Experience - Saturday 27th 8pm-9.30pm

Recommended Posts

They forgot about showing it the next day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it was only shown on the Red Button?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

If this hasn't been shown before, how have I got a recording of it?

Quite.

Although No Surrender follows this in the set - that hasn’t aired previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BECAUSE THE NIGHT (previously aired on BBC Four) / NO SURRENDER (never before been seen)

  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jmw said:

I know nothing about the Arctic Monkeys. 

Their first album is great.

Lost touch after that.

And Mardy Bum is awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

Love No Surrender :wub:

I remember seeing that at Hyde Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

BECAUSE THE NIGHT (previously aired on BBC Four) / NO SURRENDER (never before been seen)

Love because the night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC Two setlist thread:

BECAUSE THE NIGHT (previously aired on BBC Four) / NO SURRENDER (never before been seen) / DANCING IN THE DARK (previously aired on BBC Two)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmw said:

Love because the night.

Forgot how good that version was. Not definitive, but it smoked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday night and a Bruce concert, we can dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems to be meandering from the tune.

Eeee well, that filled in a bit of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eileen said:

He seems to be meandering from the tune.

Eeee well, that filled in a bit of time.

I am enjoying dancing around the bedroom.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jmw said:

I remember seeing that at Hyde Park. 

Was it Hyde Park or Glasto that Brian Fallon came on stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's why he was a bit knackered at Hyde Park the next day :lol:

Clarence looked frail and, looking back, Because The Night seemed slow.  I remember listening to the broadcast while getting excited for the next day.  Great weekend, that was!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MagicRatAFC said:

Was it Hyde Park or Glasto that Brian Fallon came on stage?

Both.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MagicRatAFC said:

Was it Hyde Park or Glasto that Brian Fallon came on stage?

Both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That'll be both then...........:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

And that's why he was a bit knackered at Hyde Park the next day :lol:

Clarence looked frail and, looking back, Because The Night seemed slow.  I remember listening to the broadcast while getting excited for the next day.  Great weekend, that was!

I remember hearing at the time that they didn’t get to the London hotel until gone 3am on the Sunday*. If that was true no wonder that his voice went during the second half of the Hyde Park gig (which I think is still the better show.)

* I know at least three people who also did the doubleheader - Glastonbury was effectively the most expensive Bruce ticket they’d bought until Broadway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst Bruce's voice did go a bit towards the end of Hyde Park the next day, to me it still sounded better than Glastonbury.

There it didn't sound strong at all, as though he was struggling to be heard. Don't know if it was down to the sound mix, but think that's probably the worst I've heard it, even on You Tube recordings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mariasbed said:

Whilst Bruce's voice did go a bit towards the end of Hyde Park the next day, to me it still sounded better than Glastonbury.

There it didn't sound strong at all, as though he was struggling to be heard. Don't know if it was down to the sound mix, but think that's probably the worst I've heard it, even on You Tube recordings.

Aside from a three-song guest appearance with Phish (on 14 June), there were 14 days between the Bonnaroo show and Glastonbury (27 June). I wonder if that’s what made him a little raspy at the latter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at that Glastonbury show..it was fucking immense...so bollocks to anyone who differs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought there was new songs being played. Same shit. Bloody dire sound too on Bruce. Why is his performance so dull and lacking noise ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this