The Glastonbury Experience - Saturday 27th 8pm-9.30pm

1 minute ago, borntorunsean said:

Thought there was new songs being played. Same shit. Bloody dire sound too on Bruce. Why is his performance so dull and lacking noise ?

That's what I dislike about BBC's coverage of Glastonbury-they always butcher the artist's sound,maybe it's hard to do considering the vastness of it all?There's also a big gap between stage and audience which kills a bit of the intimacy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember watching glasto set in london hotel room before Hyde park, thought it was a pretty awesome show, Hyde park was great apart from sitting through hours of crap before Bruce( with the odd except

Bruce missed a huge opportunity at Glastonbury in my opinion. One of the biggest and most watched music festivals in the world and he chose to play the setlist from the Working on a Dream tour contain

For UK Lakers the Saturday Glastonbury Experience programme on BBC2 will be showing highlights from the 2009 Springsteen headliner set. Supposed "rarely" seen before tunes. It will probably be av

Posted Images

Big gap between stage and front row is also a problem at Hyde Park. Gets somewhat distracting during any lengthy viewings of the 2009 show there. The one thing in its favour compared to Glastonbury are those damn flags...

• Like 2

Enjoyed no surrender, and that it has never been screened before. The Hyde park version next day was better though. 
I had an audio cd of Bruce’s Glastonbury set and the sound was very poor. Dreadful mix. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

That's what I dislike about BBC's coverage of Glastonbury-they always butcher the artist's sound,maybe it's hard to do considering the vastness of it all?There's also a big gap between stage and audience which kills a bit of the intimacy.

It's dreadful.its like hes singing at the too of his voice and I can't hear him. It's dire. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Their first album is great.

Lost touch after that.

And Mardy Bum is awesome.

I will listen again,  but I didn't understand a word he was singing.

8 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Because the night,  no surrender and dancing in the dark.

I miss you Clarence, But he didn’t look well. :(

I thought that.:mellow:

9 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Because the night,  no surrender and dancing in the dark.

I miss you Clarence, But he didn’t look well. :(

It was a tour too far for Clarence. He struggled through the Magic tour as well. But, who was going to tell him 'no' ?

12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but you might want to keep checking this throughout the rest of the night/tomorrow. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx/glastonbury?seriesId=b007r6vx-21-legends

I doubt it.  Landau/Bruce's management are unlikely to agree to it.  If I remember correctly it was only agreed that the BBC could show Bruce after the concert had started as Landau and co were still in discussions.

Remember watching glasto set in london hotel room before Hyde park, thought it was a pretty awesome show, Hyde park was great apart from sitting through hours of crap before Bruce( with the odd exception), often think perhaps Bruces voice is better when its raspy, depending on the song i guess

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigbonesbilly said:

I doubt it.  Landau/Bruce's management are unlikely to agree to it.  If I remember correctly it was only agreed that the BBC could show Bruce after the concert had started as Landau and co were still in discussions.

That sounds correct - I’m sure BBC presenters prefaced their coverage on the day with some caveats about what they could show. But while I’m not getting my hopes up about the full set appearing, I’m not sure if it would have anything to do with Landau/INC. 

Bruce’s full sets at Rock In Rio 2013, March Madness 2014 and Rock In Rio Lisboa 2016 were all shown live in full (on TV and/or webstreams), representing a noticeable change in policy. Even up to 2012 they were being picky (only select songs broadcast from Pinkpop, RiR Lisboa and Isle Of Wight).  

I was surprised how much was shown. I recorded it and when I sat down to watch it next morning I wasn't expecting anything like as much as was shown.

I like many others was in a London hotel on this night, and set it to record on the various channels bbc was using, I think I got most of what was shown but not in any consistent order.  I don’t have it anymore. 

I do have this ...  which isn’t the whole show but is taken from the Bbc footage , not watched it for an age though. 

Obviously we have the Hyde park show from the night / day after officially too. 

33F23AF4-C063-4EFC-9251-DDD008CFDD43.jpeg

F6FEDEEB-E2E5-4343-862E-A0D6F6F47DC9.jpeg

• Like 1

I will post this here as it is about Glastonbury, caught the start of the Johnnie Walker show on Radio 2 last Sunday afternoon, and his first phone in guest was Michael Eavis and they were talking about all the great acts that had played there over the years and Eavis picked Marc Bolan & TRex as his favourite, Johnnie got talking about Bruce and Neil Young and Michael Eavis said that HE was coming back to Glastonbury next year ? Johnnie never followed it up so it is not known if Michael Eavis was talking about Neil or Bruce ?