1976-04-29 The Man That Wrote The Book (BoB 02 Production)-Memphis, TN sbd

1976-04-29 'The Man That Wrote The Book' will be available Sunday, June 28th on Jungleland and ABMS.

The go to boot for this date has always been 'Knock On Wood.'  IMHO this is a big upgrade over 'Knock On Wood' and the other boot currently in circulation.

This was put together by BoB, it's their 2nd production and a true team effort.

Give it a listen, I think you'll enjoy it. :D

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, oats1jvo said:

1976-04-29 'The Man That Wrote The Book' will be available Sunday, June 28th on Jungleland and ABMS.

The go to boot for this date has always been 'Knock On Wood.'  IMHO this is a big upgrade over 'Knock On Wood' and the other boot currently in circulation.

This was put together by BoB, it's their 2nd production and a true team effort.

Give it a listen, I think you'll enjoy it. :D

Thanks to BoB for their work, and also to you for this post. Looking forward to checking this out!

I spoke to Eddie Floyd a couple of years back about this show and he still remembered B)

During the Born to Run tour Springsteen introduced himself to Floyd when the tour hit Memphis. “Him and Southside Johnny were just regular guys I hadn’t met before and I basically hadn’t heard of him back then. When [Springsteen] called there were people in the studio who did realize who was calling, I just said,” chuckling “do you know him? One of the cats was actually a big fan and went down with me, I guess he’ll never forget that, he was still talking about it years later!” Floyd was pleasantly surprised by the Boss. “I play a lot of your songs Springsteen said. The ones were Knock on Wood and Raise Your Hand, plus two or three others I had never played before live.” Floyd still laughs at Springsteen’s reaction when he exclaimed, “You don’t do those songs!” Floyd had shrugged and admitted, “No, I just play the hits.” Later that night, Floyd joined the young upcoming star on stage to play a few of those.

http://bosstracks.blogspot.com/2009/02/boss-tracks-knock-on-wood-by-eddie.html?m=1

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, oats1jvo said:

Why , do you think that's a better cover than Garry's?

No offense to Garry, but yes I do.

40 minutes ago, oats1jvo said:

That photo is also included in the liner notes.  And last but not least ... there is already a boot of the same date with that cover. :D 

Well, there aren't that many pictures of Bruce and Eddie, and none of the two of them on stage together. So it's slim pickings for cover photos.

Well... I kinda like Garry's much better.  and... I wouldn't steal an idea from another bootleg, somehow it seems unethical or plagiaristic... sorta bad Bruce karma.  But if I ever get stuck and need a cover, I'll be sure to call you. :lol:

2 minutes ago, oats1jvo said:

Well... I kinda like Garry's much better.  and... I wouldn't steal an idea from another bootleg, somehow it seems unethical or plagiaristic... sorta bad Bruce karma.  But if I ever get stuck and need a cover, I'll be sure to call you. :lol:

I wouldn't call it stealing, as that bootleg has that picture as the back cover of the cd insert. Raggamuffin doesn't own that picture.

And you are using it as well B)

image.thumb.png.33bbc2f0efdbf58370878d9a392226d5.png

Can you steal from a bootleg which is by its very nature stolen?

Through various ways we all steal from Bruce one way or another.

people now have an option over which artwork to use thanks to Gary and @lilbud for your hard work. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, davemunday said:

Can you steal from a bootleg which is by its very nature stolen?

Through various ways we all steal from Bruce one way or another.

people now have an option over which artwork to use thanks to Gary and @lilbud for your hard work. 

Well Dave, 

I was trying to make a point.  It's about COURTESY and ETHICS.  You see all involved with this boot worked very hard on it.  When someone jumps on the announcing thread with his own artwork as if his cover is superior, it's RUDE.  Plus he took the photo that's in the liner notes of the artwork from said boot.  That's just INSULTING.  There are plenty of boots that need artwork and I'm glad others make them.  He could have waited awhile and posted his artwork on JL under the date of the show.  OH... but if he took the time to do that he would have seen the cover was already there for 'Knock On Wood.  You can try and defend his actions all you want but to me it's a feeble argument, made even more so when you compare the artwork.  I think I've made my point.

1 hour ago, oats1jvo said:

Well Dave, 

I was trying to make a point.  It's about COURTESY and ETHICS.  You see all involved with this boot worked very hard on it.  When someone jumps on the announcing thread with his own artwork as if his cover is superior, it's RUDE.  Plus he took the photo that's in the liner notes of the artwork from said boot.  That's just INSULTING.  There are plenty of boots that need artwork and I'm glad others make them.  He could have waited awhile and posted his artwork on JL under the date of the show.  OH... but if he took the time to do that he would have seen the cover was already there for 'Knock On Wood.  You can try and defend his actions all you want but to me it's a feeble argument, made even more so when you compare the artwork.  I think I've made my point.

Blimey.  Let's hope the next Archive release isn't this show else NUGS and Bruce Inc will feel the wrath too. 

• Like 1

The ego's have landed with a boatload of hypocrisy five days ahead of SCHEDULE. Don't do as they do, do as they say. Who would take people calling themselves Band of Brothers seriously. I preferred the old name. Be interesting to see whether they go after the cash for clicks folk on guitars101 posting this after such a childish response to a photo. Or maybe the scolding won't wash over there.

• Like 1