Greasy Lake Community

This week's From the Vault series celebrates "The Boss," 1999 Inductee Bruce Springsteen. His music epitomized the American dream and you can head to our website for exclusive video content, speeches, performances and more. As one of the artists who has been a part of Induction Ceremonies from the earliest years, Springsteen fans will find new performances and more to enjoy:

https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/bruce-springsteen

Screenshot_20200629-200948_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

I watched the Backstreets-clip and thought about the discussion Bruce had with Steve about "it's Bruce Springsteen AND The E Street Band". It takes a lot of nerve from Bruce to play Backstreets after that! The band doesn't look happy. It makes me wonder, what would have happend if they collectively simply had said no to play the gig. "Go there and play solo, you and your ego."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

I watched the Backstreets-clip and thought about the discussion Bruce had with Steve about "it's Bruce Springsteen AND The E Street Band". It takes a lot of nerve from Bruce to play Backstreets after that! The band doesn't look happy. It makes me wonder, what would have happend if they collectively simply had said no to play the gig. "Go there and play solo, you and your ego."

I think they aired all their (Steve's) grievances and regrete when the ESB got inducted a few years back

Saddly too late for Danny and C 

• Sad 1

It's worth noting that the performances of "The River" and "Kitty's Back" with Vini Lopez and David Sancious have never been released in full (though portions of "Kitty's Back" were intercut with the acceptance speech in the HBO telecast). Great performances by a rare lineup!

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

It's worth noting that the performances of "The River" and "Kitty's Back" with Vini Lopez and David Sancious have never been released in full (though portions of "Kitty's Back" were intercut with the acceptance speech in the HBO telecast). Great performances by a rare lineup!

That's an epic Kitty !