Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

The Official July 1st Part 7 Bruce’s farm SiriusXM SetlistVision thread

Blinkin' heck! Was that real? Now THAT'S my kind of programme!

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Fun, but I enjoyed episodes 5 & 6 more. I guess I prefer angry, political Bruce! 

I'm not a big fan of these DJ sessions. Mostly because I've never heard 3/4 of them. This one was outstanding!!

All of them I think Bruce was looking to hard into the theme. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, AMIW said:

you should see the posts of the people trying to get their money back from B/R live (for the cancelled european footie) i;m sure there is a clause on page 346 of the sirius agreement

that says no money back under any circumstances.

Been meaning to ask, did TBS cancel also? 

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Let us hope and pray that Bruce, Steve and Southside will sing this together in Asbury Park in summer 2021.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Accountant Pete said:

Let us hope and pray that Bruce, Steve and Southside will sing this together in Asbury Park in summer 2022.

FIFY :P

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

FIFY :P

I'm willing to wait! Hell, I'd swim the Atlantic to see the Three Amigos in Asbury Park.

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, Accountant Pete said:

Let us hope and pray that Bruce, Steve and Southside will sing this together in Asbury Park in summer 2021.

Just imagine in the summer of 2022, they will be 72, 71 and 73 respectively.   

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Just imagine in the summer of 2022, they will be 72, 71 and 73 respectively.   

And they will still be the greatest rockers from the Garden State.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

9 minutes ago, Accountant Pete said:

I'm hoping they'll do it for the Southside Drive-In show. :D

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Today's show was much more relaxed, they seemed to have been enjoying all the  little memories. The music was fabulous, very uplifting, lots of praises going out to various musicians, lots of names mentioned.

But I lost focus a couple of times, I overheard some sentences, which hasn't happened to me during the previous shows. 

It was nice to listen to Bruce as a background radio show, without the intense emotional influence he usually has on me.

My favorite so far was the one he was talking about his Mom, and driving around during the lockdown, reading newspapers in the car.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Fun, but I enjoyed episodes 5 & 6 more. I guess I prefer angry, political Bruce! 

One would think I round too WS but nay nay, these 3 are my youth and oh so soulful!  ❤️❤️

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Accountant Pete said:

I'm willing to wait! Hell, I'd swim the Atlantic to see the Three Amigos in Asbury Park.

I drove all night! 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not a big fan of these DJ sessions. Mostly because I've never heard 3/4 of them. This one was outstanding!!

All of them I think Bruce was looking to hard into the theme. 

I agree Jimmy

It was the most enjoyable one

....even if i feel asleep at the end

8 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

One would think I round too WS but nay nay, these 3 are my youth and oh so soulful!  ❤️❤️

I think you hit the nail on the head there MM! It wasn't my youth, which isn't to say I didn't enjoy it. I did, but the equivalent show for me would be hosted by Stevie Wonder, with guests Martha Reeves and Diana Ross reminiscing about 60's and 70's Motown! 

I hope Bruce carries on with the shows, they are something to look forward to each week and I really appreciate the variety and the research that goes into each broadcast. Good work Bruce.

• Like 2

It reminded me of some of Steve's great conversations with friends on his underground garage radio show

Its kinda like Gresham Norton, just because i don't know who everyone is doesn't make it any less enjoyable

I tried tp explain to Gary about as great as Bruce acknowkegd the British invasion was it killed off a generation of American sound ....it went over his head because he had never heard of Sam and Dave

Just listened to it today. It was really enjoyable. Wasn’t quite what I expected (I thought it was going to be summer songs that the three enjoyed growing up) but enjoyable nonetheless.

Bruce is sounding every bit his 70 years these days, which is fine with me.

• Like 2

Next instalment seems to be coming up on Wednesday

image.png.4eb45cac1338e54fa325f82bc4256e81.png 

Duly noted hopefully it will still somehow be available  to the poor unwashed masses...

• Like 1