Sign in to follow this  
Patched Tube

WC 2026

My current place of residence, Washington DC, has launched a bit to be a host city.  My take on it is we can handle it w/o overtaxing the cities infrastructure and there is an argument for it in that the game has, for the US, a very strong fan base.  On a strictly personal level, WC is already a huge party in this town and hosting  games would blow the roof off the bars.  So I'm hoping for the best.  And with any luck we'll get to host a match like Ghana - Netherlands in absolutely wilting heat and humidity and maybe see an upset.  

saw all the games in DC in 1994 

norway v mexico

italy v mexico

netherlands v saudi arabia

belgium v saudi arabia

spain v switzerland

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to try to get to a game in Philly if they get picked. That's going to be a wild summer - semiquincentennial, MLB All Star Game, World Cup, and who knows what else.

It seems all the site are picked? No? 

If so I think I could make it over to KC or Nashville for a couple match's if the right teams are playing. Maybe even a trip to see my Atlanta friend. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

It seems all the site are picked? No? 

If so I think I could make it over to KC or Nashville for a couple match's if the right teams are playing. Maybe even a trip to see my Atlanta friend. 

Almost but not quite

"The 23 candidate cities and venues will be narrowed down to 16 (3 in Canada, 3 in Mexico, and 10 in the United States):"

i think the US list is 17 stadiums to cut to 10 so non sexy cities like KC, NAshville ad Cincinnatti would most like miss out

• Sad 1

I`m with Daisey..I keep clicking on this thread because i forget what WC is short for ?;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AMIW said:

i think the US list is 17 stadiums to cut to 10 so non sexy cities like KC, NAshville ad Cincinnatti would most like miss out

I think all stadiums with fake yards should be ruled out. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I`m with Daisey..I keep clicking on this thread because i forget what WC is short for ?;)

being scottish you would of course not be familiar with the tournament :D

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AMIW said:

being scottish you would of course not be familiar with the tournament :D

Ahemm young man, maybe you should check your FACTS (as your old pal Rafa used to say), the reality of the situation is that your country Wales have qualified ONCE, N Ireland Three times and Scotland Eight times so maybe a little more familiar with the tournament than yourself.:P

I wanted to put a HaHa on this but our resident expert on the subject jimmyjames has used them all up.;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

wanted to put a HaHa on this but our resident expert on the subject jimmyjames has used them all up.;)

Why bring me into your little dispute? :P:D;):wub::):ph34r:

• Haha 1