Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

"Imagine" Not singing that Song all the Time

Seems like 'Imagine' is the world's go-to-sing-along in times of hardship or strife. I mean, I get it. I get the message. I like the song but, the lyrics are actually a bit naive for my taste, but I still get the intended message...harmony, love, respect, no boundaries. The line about no religion gets a lot of people fired up & I'm sure Gal Gadot had the right intensions when asking her celeb pals to do a video sing-along, but, as the reporter comments...millionaire celebrities singing the line "imagine no possessions, it's easy if you can" feels so fake & ironic, that for me, it doesn't work. I just think the song is not always appropriate & overused...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/entertainment/chris-odowd-imagine-video-backlash-justified-intl-scli/index.html

• Like 1

I agree.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, JustDan said:

Seems like 'Imagine' is the world's go-to-sing-along in times of hardship or strife. I mean, I get it. I get the message. I like the song but, the lyrics are actually a bit naive for my taste, but I still get the intended message...harmony, love, respect, no boundaries. The line about no religion gets a lot of people fired up & I'm sure Gal Gadot had the right intensions when asking her celeb pals to do a video sing-along, but, as the reporter comments...millionaire celebrities singing the line "imagine no possessions, it's easy if you can" feels so fake & ironic, that for me, it doesn't work. I just think the song is not always appropriate & overused...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/entertainment/chris-odowd-imagine-video-backlash-justified-intl-scli/index.html

As cringeworthy as the newer "I take responsibility" video.

When i hear it i feel like jumping off a tall bridge 

• Haha 1

Not one of my favourite Lennon songs either.

• Like 1