Marnix

New archive July 2020: Philadelphia September 1999

13 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Are we taking bets?  Are we going to hear Danny in this one or not?

Was does Erik say?

Second month in a row that the blog leaked it beforehand.

Reunion tour isn't exactly my thing, I do like some aspects of it, but one thing must be said:

Detroit Medley > Tenth Avenue Medley

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Incident" was on October's 23/10/99 release: http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,23110/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-10-23-1999-Staples-Center-Los-Angeles-CA.html

The guitar solos are really botched, but I love this version regardless. Listening to it as a double header with the greatest version from 29/12/80 is something I do regularly :)

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2019/10/13/new-from-the-springsteen-archive-october-23rd-1999-los-angeles-ca/

I like Bosstralian’s comment that the reunion versions were quite unique as the outro solo was in the same tempo as the song itself which makes the LA version quite a nice rarity

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Even people on BTX are excited!!!

Everyone should be excited! The Reunion Tour has shown to be one of the most enjoyable listening experiences a Springsteen fan can have and I'm really looking forward to when I add this to my collection. 

• Like 5

let's hope for better artwork this month

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The Reunion Tour always has been, and always will be, one of my favourite tours. I'm ecstatic here. 

I remember reading about the setlists on backstreets as the days to the L.A. stand counted down. He always will give his best to Philadelphia, and always has. The magic town that made him famous. I cannot wait to hear it. We are lucky for the archive series. I cannot believe the last two years, Just godsmacked and overjoyed at this....

Incident into Ties (Love Conquers All, that thin line binds us inspite of our failures and desire to make our way)

Point Black (An epic amidst the night of epics)

Atlantic City (a great song)

NYC Serenade into Streets of Philadelphia (Isolation and breaking free)

JUNGLELAND (HOLYSHIT)

I will go on once I hear it....thanks for reading.

***REFRESH****

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

2 minutes ago, ONE LEGGED DOG said:

Paging @lilbud

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The Reunion Tour always has been, and always will be, one of my favourite tours. I'm ecstatic here. 

I thought I was alone in this. So glad there’s others out there!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Paging @lilbud

There was a time a would have worn out my F5 button on these series. Thank God for tablets!

:ph34r: seems I’ve quoted the wrong post. Can’t be bothered to correct it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I thought I was alone in this. So glad there’s others out there!

What happened (I think, of course) was Bruce's ambivilence melted as the tour progressed, seeing the reaction of his fans as each night unfolded. Jersey was good, and things picked up as time passed. I have always felt, Philly and Chicago lead to the peak in Los Angeles. I do not remember being ever being as excited as I was leading into a run, going to all 4 was required. I arrived ticketless on 10/23, Saw George Travis and shook his hand (My Cousin Debbie was his daughter's school teacher at Temple in Encino) told him I needed a ticket, he said we just dropped some. I had the best seat I have ever had for that show. A great show as well. Then traveled to Oakland and then bankruptcy. Happy and broke.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ONE LEGGED DOG said:

bs990925_01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

There are times when you know from the first note, its a magic night. This is one. My god.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

Paging @lilbud

I feel like it's basically a given that I'll make my own cover for every archive release. Made one, then had to redo it because I put "Spectrum" instead of "First Union Center".

I was also going to do sideways text for this one, but editing sideways hurts my eyes.

50072601107_fb2f589b95_o_d.png

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3

I was literally listening to this bootleg yesterday not knowing of the pending release. Great show! 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Well this hits the spot... Incident is glorious... I'll never understand the "I pass" and "not for me" comments... $12.95 for the lossless download and I'm transported back to 1999, which beats the hell out of 2020 right now. But to each their own...

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1