New archive July 2020: Philadelphia September 1999

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ffs Erik. Get a grip. That third paragraph is total cringe.

Well this hits the spot... Incident is glorious... I'll never understand the "I pass" and "not for me" comments... $12.95 for the lossless download and I'm transported back to 1999, which beats the he

I remember reading about the setlists on backstreets as the days to the L.A. stand counted down. He always will give his best to Philadelphia, and always has. The magic town that made him famous. I ca

Posted Images

I gotta say, the pedal steel guitar on Nebraska tracks during this tour sounds awesome.

Mansion on the Hill off of LINYC has been a favorite for a while.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Would anyone be able to hook me up with an audience recording of today's archive? 

It'll hold me over until Sunday or something, thanks!

^ Hoying on here this post from the bootleg thread. Any other day I wouldn't reiterate a request like that, but I've been reading really positive reviews and I'm canny eager to hear the show. 

9 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Each E Streeter wraps themselves in musical glory: Stop it Stevie. Stop it Big Man. Stop it Roy. You’re killing us with your melodic beauty.

Can someone please cut Flannigan off the kool aid?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I remember reading about the setlists on backstreets as the days to the L.A. stand counted down. He always will give his best to Philadelphia, and always has. The magic town that made him famous. I cannot wait to hear it. We are lucky for the archive series. I cannot believe the last two years, Just godsmacked and overjoyed at this....

Incident into Ties (Love Conquers All, that thin line binds us inspite of our failures and desire to make our way)

Point Black (An epic amidst the night of epics)

Atlantic City (a great song)

NYC Serenade into Streets of Philadelphia (Isolation and breaking free)

JUNGLELAND (HOLYSHIT)

I will go on once I hear it....thanks for reading.

***REFRESH****

Erik?! Is that you?

• Haha 1

FUCK YES!!!!! I was there and it was magical!! 

To finally hear IO57st after seeing so many shows throughout the years leading up to that was simply awesome!!

Great performance in every way - this is a must have!!!

Brad

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, lilbud said:

I feel like it's basically a given that I'll make my own cover for every archive release. Made one, then had to redo it because I put "Spectrum" instead of "First Union Center".

I was also going to do sideways text for this one, but editing sideways hurts my eyes.

50072601107_fb2f589b95_o_d.png

Bouncing off of this, I used GigapixelAI to upscale the image. Usually I shy away from it, because the source image needs a lot of detail to look good upscaled. Otherwise, garbage in, garbage out. Turned out really well.

image.thumb.png.624fab83838ebca7cc5a17559495879e.png

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

^ Hoying on here this post from the bootleg thread. Any other day I wouldn't reiterate a request like that, but I've been reading really positive reviews and I'm canny eager to hear the show. 

Please do not request or circulate any officially released shows, including archive releases.  Thanks.  

7 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm heading into 10th Avenue. Wish me luck to eventually make it out at the other end.

Good luck!  See you in a few hours!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Oh God, very sorry about that. I thought it was ok to make requests for bootleg recordings. Won't happen again!

:D:D:D

A hundred lines and no supper.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Is this performance of "Incident On 57th Street" better than the one from the 1999 LA Nugs release?

Nothing can ever beat the version on the b-side to War 12".

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm heading into 10th Avenue. Wish me luck to eventually make it out at the other end.

Just skip it.  You must have loads of versions of it already.

55 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Can someone please cut Flannigan off the kool aid?

I feel sorry for Erik. He has to come up with something new and hyperbolic once a month. It must be getting difficult to say something new! They could farm these reviews out to different writers to get different perspectives, but I guess they are really not ‘reviews’, in the sense that there will never be anything critical on them, anyway. I do think, especially as multiple shows from the same tours become available, that there could be more links made between them.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Oh God, very sorry about that. I thought it was ok to make requests for bootleg recordings. Won't happen again!

I think things change as soon as the show is officially released.

59 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Bouncing off of this, I used GigapixelAI to upscale the image. Usually I shy away from it, because the source image needs a lot of detail to look good upscaled. Otherwise, garbage in, garbage out. Turned out really well.

image.thumb.png.624fab83838ebca7cc5a17559495879e.png

I hope this artwork doesn’t offend any board members 

• Haha 3

Great sound and great performance. I remember looking for the Ev2 bootleg everywhere years ago and how happy I was when I finally found it, so of course I’m thrilled to have this show officially released. I love Incident to death, so there’s that too. I still would have preferred a BITUSA show for this month, but maybe August will bring it to us? Anyway, I’m hugely enjoying Philly ‘99 right now :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'll take that. The other option of listening to "Real Man" 27 times as punishment gets very brutal very fast! 

That's quicker than listening once to 10th Avenue :P

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I think things change as soon as the show is officially released.

Yeah, not surprising at all really. 

Still, I've been thinking for the last two hours how made it is that these recordings can circulate for decades and then be made redundant just like *that*. 

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'll take that. The other option of listening to "Real Man" 27 times as punishment gets very brutal very fast! 

Send a PM to Erik. He can wax lyrical and make you feel as if RM is a classic.

• Haha 1