New archive July 2020: Philadelphia September 1999

Funny to see that on the original setlist Trapped was on the spot were he played Atlantic City. And that Working on the Highway and Tom Joad were replaced for Sherry Darling and Streets of Philadelphia 

88CCB724-2EC0-4BC9-B67D-30F1424F0755.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ffs Erik. Get a grip. That third paragraph is total cringe.

Well this hits the spot... Incident is glorious... I'll never understand the "I pass" and "not for me" comments... $12.95 for the lossless download and I'm transported back to 1999, which beats the he

I remember reading about the setlists on backstreets as the days to the L.A. stand counted down. He always will give his best to Philadelphia, and always has. The magic town that made him famous. I ca

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I thought so long as its not an offical Bruce inc or nugs release, actual  audience recordings are fine so long as no money changes hands 

Surley they are two completly different things 

This is the only info I can find on it which mentions sharing unofficial recordings:

"As long as Springsteen's organization seems ok with it, we allow the free trading and distribution of unofficial recordings"

I guess they weren't this time.

• Like 2

Am I the only who is hearing in the intro of Point Blanc in the notes of Clarence saxophone playing some simultaneously notes of how he’d played The River during the reunion tour? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

"As long as Springsteen's organization seems ok with it, we allow the free trading and distribution of unofficial recordings"

I guess they weren't this time.

I'm confused, Sorry.

Is here anyone who can summarize the facts about bootlegs. Has policy changed? What is allowed?
Talk about ..., inquiries about ..., offers of ..., free trading of ..., etc.
Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, jepweb said:

I'm confused, Sorry.

Is here anyone who can summarize the facts about bootlegs. Has policy changed? What is allowed?
Talk about ..., inquiries about ..., offers of ..., free trading of ..., etc.
Thanks in advance.

Well we have a pretty hot thread on the front page of this forum for shearing bootlegs 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Well we have a pretty hot thread on the front page of this forum for shearing bootlegs 

Yes. Love it and I've had my share of their great offerings, and even uploaded one or two. 

But to me the above postings sounded as if policy had changed. Maybe I should reread it and I'll understand it. Thx.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jepweb said:

Yes. Love it and I've had my share of their great offerings, and even uploaded one or two. 

But to me the above postings sounded as if policy had changed. Maybe I should reread it and I'll understand it. Thx.

As I understand it, the policy only changes once a show is officially released. Even though its a different recording, its still classed as "officially released material" because its still a recording of the same performance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

The volume on this is louder than some other nuggs 

It is. I took a look at the waveform of a few songs and they're really slammed. Quite compressed. I've only listened a bit so far and it sounds good. I hope not fatiguing over time.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

If you’re looking at Philadelphia ‘99 and thinking it is “only” 22 songs long, remember six of those tracks top the ten-minute mark on this night of epic performances. I’ve heard longer Reunion tour shows, but I’ve never heard stronger.

Each E Streeter wraps themselves in musical glory: Stop it Stevie. Stop it Big Man. Stop it Roy. You’re killing us with your melodic beauty.

If i could spell better id write shit like this

Xxxx Nicky/ Daisey Flanagan

C's playing on point blank i enjoyed so much more than the first time i heard the river from LINYC

Agree with you about Point Blank ..... I do not like The River's Reunion arrangement at all ..... But Point Blank IS a film noir and Clarences intro works for me .....

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

It is. I took a look at the waveform of a few songs and they're really slammed. Quite compressed. I've only listened a bit so far and it sounds good. I hope not fatiguing over time.

On Hoffman's someone posted the DR values and they are bad.  DR7 which is the worst for an Altschiller mastering I have ever seen.  Terrible as it looked like he had a more sensible hand than Adam but guess not.

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Agree with you about Point Blank ..... I do not like The River's Reunion arrangement at all ..... But Point Blank IS a film noir and Clarences intro works for me .....

The guitar playing is beautiful as well. Nice subtle licks.

• Like 1

Never a fan of the River arrangement on the Reunion tour (not 29 of the 30 times I saw it anyway) but listened to July 1st show again the other day and was blown away by the musicianship of it. I remember at the time seeing it as Bruce's way of rescuing the song from the fans rather than leave it be a boorish singalong song and to draw attention to the lyrics and the arrangement made the song become less about 2 young people and more a vignette set within the context of a community/the band

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Is it just me, or is this the shiniest artwork to date? Seriously, it makes this show feel so fresh and new with every glance. 

Compared to the rest (sorry about that being a blog link) there's no graininess to it whatsoever. 

I think they're taking a cue from my covers (black background, simple subject, plain text.)

• Like 3

What an intense show!! I am really enjoying this release. Great to hear Streets of Philadelphia live, brilliant versions of Point Blanc, Factory, Youngstown and Murder Inc.!! And maybe one of the best Jungleland versions ever!! 
This show will go a lot on repeat this month. This is really a great reunion ESB release 

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I think they're taking a cue from my covers (black background, simple subject, plain text.)

Hopefully they'll get some consistency with the covers soon. The recent run has been Philadelphia (good cover), Stockholm (awful), East Rutherford (awful), Gothenburg (awful), Detroit (good, arguably great), Nassau (awful), Winterland (both great).

Then again, this was the man who must have approved the artwork to Magic and Working on a Dream :unsure:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Hopefully they'll get some consistency with the covers soon. The recent run has been Philadelphia (good cover), Stockholm (awful), East Rutherford (awful), Gothenburg (awful), Detroit (good, arguably great), Nassau (awful), Winterland (both great).

Then again, this was the man who must have approved the artwork to Magic and Working on a Dream :unsure:

They weren't all bad, Stockholm was pretty interesting from a design perspective. I liked the Nassau cover as it was something other than a performance pic. The rest were just okay.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, lilbud said:

They weren't all bad, Stockholm was pretty interesting from a design perspective. I liked the Nassau cover as it was something other than a performance pic. The rest were just okay.

I was just about to post how Nassau is my least favourite artwork of the year, funnily enough.

40 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I’m using your Stockholm, East Rutherford and Gothenburg covers anyway, so Inc can keep on doing what they’re doing! Nassau picture was lovely but just didn’t work for a front cover in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Regarding "Jungleland".

This performance was on track for being the best officially released performance of the song in the current era to my ears, but alas Bruce's vocal is horribly flat (i.e. under pitch) during the final wails.  (Specifically the ones beginning at 9:40 and 9:55 on the mp3).

The version from the LINYC CD (released 2001) is still the best officially released performance of the song from the current era.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

What's he doing singing like that, man?

Making more money than us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2