Greasy Lake Community

Happy 4th!

The date I first saw my idol. I did not know what I was about to experience. It was a hot night in summer Sweden. He opened with Born in the U.S.A, probably the most famous song for a 16-year old swede like me. It’s not a particularly good performance or video. But it reminds me of happiness and seeing my father just beam with joy. That show is what made me a fan. It took me a couple of years to comprehend and appreciate his lyrics and greatness. But since then he’s been my number one god.

Tell me about your best 4th springsteeen memories!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 3

Remembering July 4 2012 Paris this morning thinking how life has turned upside down in the 8 years since.

It was damn hot in there that night then walking round the streets of Paris after midnight looking for the hotel.

Would have liked to do the 5th aswell but couldn't really afford to & was glad to have managed to grab tickets at all.

Piano Independence Day remains a wonderful memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Remembering July 4 2012 Paris this morning thinking how life has turned upside down in the 8 years since.

It was damn hot in there that night then walking round the streets of Paris after midnight looking for the hotel.

Would have liked to do the 5th aswell but couldn't really afford to & was glad to have managed to grab tickets at all.

Piano Independence Day remains a wonderful memory.

This show is is high on my list as an archive release

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Dollhouse said:

Happy 4th!

The date I first saw my idol. I did not know what I was about to experience. It was a hot night in summer Sweden. He opened with Born in the U.S.A, probably the most famous song for a 16-year old swede like me. It’s not a particularly good performance or video. But it reminds me of happiness and seeing my father just beam with joy. That show is what made me a fan. It took me a couple of years to comprehend and appreciate his lyrics and greatness. But since then he’s been my number one god.

Tell me about your best 4th springsteeen memories!

Great concert. One of my favorites ! Part of it was broadcasted live on US radio if my memory serves me. He dedicated "Sandy (4th of July") to Madam Marie who had died a few days earlier.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

In the light of all the patriotic bliss people read into the simple line "I was Born in the USA" despite the verses between the chorus it's a little odd that the song "Land of Hopes and Dreams" has flown under the radar of all American patriots. To my ears it's a song about loving your country with it's saint and sinners, whores and gamblers and everything.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

In the light of all the patriotic bliss people read into the simple line "I was Born in the USA" despite the verses between the chorus it's a little odd that the song "Land of Hopes and Dreams" has flown under the radar of all American patriots. To my ears it's a song about loving your country with it's saint and sinners, whores and gamblers and everything.

Before now, I had honestly never thought of it as a song about America. To me it's a song about inclusion.