Sign in to follow this  
Mrs Crusty

E Street Fans Face Masks

Just bought one. Really wanted the "wear a fucking mask" one, but I don't think I'd be allowed to wear that on campus.

Got the LOHAD one instead

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Are they wired along the top?

8 hours ago, Rizla said:

Are they wired along the top?

It just says "cloth" in the description, so I wouldn't think so

• Sad 1

Unfortunately a lot are like that.  Must be designed by non-spectacle wearers!  I've found that if I can't mould the mask around the bridge of my nose, my breath is forced upwards and steams up my specs.   I need to wear them when I'm out and about.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rizla said:

Unfortunately a lot are like that.  Must be designed by non-spectacle wearers!  I've found that if I can't mould the mask around the bridge of my nose, my breath is forced upwards and steams up my specs.   I need to wear them when I'm out and about.

Would a pipe cleaner help ?

It cracks me up when Gary's classes fog up :D

56 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Would a pipe cleaner help ?

Yes, a pipe cleaner is one of the things that would work - any kind of wire really, or that bendy stuff that is sometimes used to seal bakery packaging.
You just need to ensure that there's enough fabric in the mask to enclose the wire along the top.

• Like 1

Just bought one! Cheers!

• Like 1

We have just made an initial payment, from the sale of E Street merchandise, to Cancer Research of £4,350.25

Thank You to everyone who has made this possible!

Cancer Research First Payment.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

On 7/6/2020 at 2:04 PM, Buddhabone said:

EcLr4B_U4AAi5iU.thumb.jpg.a5e70200aff859360eae1cafff0de2ed.jpg

Republican!!! :P 

• Like 1

These are the WORST things I've EVER seen associated with Bruce Springsteen in his whole career.

Yes, no human rights, trash those who are against the fucking masks. How horrible, pushing for it to be mandatory.

His comment to Trump took no guts at all, it was ignorant, and it was a cheap shot on his part, an EASY shot.

First time I had cursed him since he charged fans sickening prices for his Broadway thing.

1 hour ago, soulcrusader78 said:

These are the WORST things I've EVER seen associated with Bruce Springsteen in his whole career.

Yes, no human rights, trash those who are against the fucking masks. How horrible, pushing for it to be mandatory.

His comment to Trump took no guts at all, it was ignorant, and it was a cheap shot on his part, an EASY shot.

First time I had cursed him since he charged fans sickening prices for his Broadway thing.

• Haha 3

On 7/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, soulcrusader78 said:

"ignorant" 

You honestly couldn't make it up :lol::lol::lol:

I really don't think people are getting trashed for not wearing masks, they're getting trashed for being selfish twats who don't care if they infect someone else

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crustyoldman said:

"ignorant" 

You honestly couldn't make it up :lol::lol::lol:

I really don't think people are getting trashed for not wearing masks, they're getting trashed for being selfish twats who don't care if they infect someone else

As you say selfish twats.

• Like 2

In Britain the government has listed legitimate reasons why people do not have to wear a mask in a shop in England. One of them is being on the autism spectrum.

I have a friend who has a 30 year old son who has moderate to severe ASD. He does not wear a mask, though he has tried, because of the great distress it causes him. 

He enjoys his trips with his mum to the shops especially since his day services are closed. Yesterday afternoon his mum left him to browse the sweets aisle to pop back to get the bananas she had forgotten.

When she got back he was being berated by an indignant woman saying he should be wearing a mask. He did not know why this woman was angry with him. He had a meltdown. 

Three years ago he was mugged. He did not want to leave the house for six months as he lost confidence and trust in people. His mum was in tears on the phone to me worrying this will happen again. All due to one ignorant, inconsiderate woman who didn't stop to think about the consequences of her actions.

Sorry about sidetracking the thread but I needed to unload a bit. Thinking about this young man's distress. A young man who I baby sat and wouldn't hurt anyone or anything.

• Sad 5

Take care, folks. Not all is as it seems.

As for the above masks. Did Bruce actually say fuck? He did?  Then either put it on the mask, in full, or choose another quote?

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Did Bruce actually say fuck?

He said: 'Wear a fucking mask' and this was directed at Trump. Meaning 'if you [Trump] wear a mask, more U.S.A. citizens who also [just like Trump] don't wear a mask now, will do that (and if more people wear a mask, less people will be infected with corona). This all before Trump actually started to wear a mask, obviously.

Of course Bruce could have said 'Wear a mask' without using the F-word.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eileen said:

Take care, folks. Not all is as it seems.

As for the above masks. Did Bruce actually say fuck? He did?  Then either put it on the mask, in full, or choose another quote?

He did, his comments were directed at Trump, the actual quote is "With all respect, sir, show some consideration and care for your countrymen and your country. Put on a fucking mask"

We chose NOT to put it on the mask in full purely out of respect for others. Not everyone would like to see / their children to see the actual word 

1 hour ago, Mrs Crusty said:

He did, his comments were directed at Trump, the actual quote is "With all respect, sir, show some consideration and care for your countrymen and your country. Put on a fucking mask"

We chose NOT to put it on the mask in full purely out of respect for others. Not everyone would like to see / their children to see the actual word 

I know what he said - I was saying if that's what he said, that should either be on the mask or it shouldn't be on at all. imho.  And ... I also guessed why it wasn't on in full but everyone knows what the word is, people who would be shocked by the full word will be just as shocked at the 'disguised' word. They may also feel like calling those wearing them a choice word.

However, if people are buying them, fair play. They mustn't mind their children knowing that's what it means and that it's ok to publicly declare it. Bruce may have said it - they're the ones 'shouting' it at those around them.

I hope you took on board the sentiments above ... not everybody not wearing a mask is a selfish twat?

By the way ... I'm remembering the good old days when we used to meet up at various places. Lots of love to the two of you and well done for raising such a marvellous amount of money for charity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I know what he said - I was saying if that's what he said, that should either be on the mask or it shouldn't be on at all. imho.  And ... I also guessed why it wasn't on in full but everyone knows what the word is, people who would be shocked by the full word will be just as shocked at the 'disguised' word. They may also feel like calling those wearing them a choice word.

However, if people are buying them, fair play. They mustn't mind their children knowing that's what it means and that it's ok to publicly declare it. Bruce may have said it - they're the ones 'shouting' it at those around them.

I hope you took on board the sentiments above ... not everybody not wearing a mask is a selfish twat?

By the way ... I'm remembering the good old days when we used to meet up at various places. Lots of love to the two of you and well done for raising such a marvellous amount of money for charity.

There are indeed plenty of people with a valid reason for not wearing a mask Eileen...the "selfish twat" comment was definitely not aimed at those

• Like 2