Geezee

Little Steven - Men Without Women MOVIE

Can anybody help me find a copy of this? I have one somewhere but can’t find it. Thanks! 

Welcome! Hopefully, we'll see you on the main page to introduce yourself.

• Like 1

Hello Eileen! I just did! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 7/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, Geezee said:

Can anybody help me find a copy of this? I have one somewhere but can’t find it. Thanks! 

Welcome!

It was never finished, and unlikely to be.  A rough was shown at Cannes in '82 and EMI assigned it a catalogue number for a VHS release, but it never occurred. 

Are you confusing it with the Rockpalast concert from the MWW tour, maybe?

37 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Welcome!

It was never finished, and unlikely to be.  A rough was shown at Cannes in '82 and EMI assigned it a catalogue number for a VHS release, but it never occurred. 

Are you confusing it with the Rockpalast concert from the MWW tour, maybe?

I have seen it and have a copy somewhere that I downloaded so I know that it exists.  It is also copywritten.  I believe that it may have been on laserdisc only.  I've seen instances of it being posted on Dime and on Traders Den and then being removed by the mods due to copyrights.

Just now, Geezee said:

I have seen it and have a copy somewhere that I downloaded so I know that it exists.  It is also copywritten.  I believe that it may have been on laserdisc only.  I've seen instances of it being posted on Dime and on Traders Den and then being removed by the mods due to copyrights.

It's not a live show, it's a movie with no plot with many cameos in it.

2 hours ago, Geezee said:

Fascinating. I shall contact our South/Steven expert forthwith.

2 hours ago, Geezee said:

It's not a live show, it's a movie with no plot with many cameos in it.

OK.  Whilst we await his response, is it possibly the Whistle Test special that David Hepworth did in NYC when the album came out?

No, that's not it.  There's no interviewer or narrator.  It's a movie without a real plot featuring all of the songs filmed in NY with a lot of famous cameos.

21 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Fascinating. I shall contact our South/Steven expert forthwith.

That's awesome!  Thank you!  BTW - I have a dear friend in North Wales, Mike Peters!

I would also like to see the film. It is something i'm looking for

I love the album Men Without Women too

10 hours ago, Geezee said:

That's awesome!  Thank you!  BTW - I have a dear friend in North Wales, Mike Peters!

Top man, that Mike Peters. He and Jules seem such wonderful people.

The MWW film is a boot copy, but wouldn't have been on a Laserdisc, apparently. The version circulating isn't the finished version as intended, but SVZ does have the master tapes. So, who knows? Maybe one day.

8 hours ago, JimCT said:

That must be it and I know that it circulated. I’d love to have a bootleg copy. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Top man, that Mike Peters. He and Jules seem such wonderful people.

The MWW film is a boot copy, but wouldn't have been on a Laserdisc, apparently. The version circulating isn't the finished version as intended, but SVZ does have the master tapes. So, who knows? Maybe one day.

They are 2 of my dearest friends since 1986. I interviewed Mike for Backstreets once too. We became friends because of our shared love for Springsteen 

• Love Love Love! 1

7 hours ago, Geezee said:

That must be it and I know that it circulated. I’d love to have a bootleg copy. Thanks! 

They are 2 of my dearest friends since 1986. I interviewed Mike for Backstreets once too. We became friends because of our shared love for Springsteen 

My brother is a HUGE Alarm fan, and has been from the beginning.

He was fortunate to go to a small Alarm live session at a Cardiff radio station a long time ago.  I had a fantastic weathered, lived in Wrangler jean jacket that he asked to have a lend of.  I was very reluctant, but agreed as it was a special jacket.  The band signed the back of it with black Sharpies. While I was thrilled for him to have met his heroes, I was gutted as I now had to let him keep it.

It wasn't too long afterwards that our mam put it in the washing machine and washed the lot off.  His turn to be gutted.  But, I got my jacket back.

True story.  :)

Ps, great profile pic.

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

My brother is a HUGE Alarm fan, and has been from the beginning.

He was fortunate to go to a small Alarm live session at a Cardiff radio station a long time ago.  I had a fantastic weathered, lived in Wrangler jean jacket that he asked to have a lend of.  I was very reluctant, but agreed as it was a special jacket.  The band signed the back of it with black Sharpies. While I was thrilled for him to have met his heroes, I was gutted as I now had to let him keep it.

It wasn't too long afterwards that our mam put it in the washing machine and washed the lot off.  His turn to be gutted.  But, I got my jacket back.

True story.  :)

Ps, great profile pic.

Thanks!  Great story.  Check this out: http://thealarm.com/mike-peters-–-backstreets-interview/