Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

IDo it ASAP Bruce, while you still have control over your own legacy, before they sell you out for advertizing jingles and those tracks in the vault get released without your input and not how you want us to hear them

That's right; and because the fanbase is not getting younger too.

However would it not be very strange if Bruce the famous (or notorious) control freak who drove everyone mad with his super-perfection during recording sessions, would not already have arranged these things, in his will and other documents, to prevent a Jimi Hendrix-like (or Jeff Buckley-like) exploitation of his legacy?

This all not reason to not release Electric Nebraska, the 1994 hip hop album, the 1987 country album, the 2010 country album, Tracks 2, Nebraska box, BUSA box and Tunnel Of Love Tour DVD (or Tunnel Of Love box) during his lifetime (better: ASAP as you said). 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it sounds great he says. As good as anything they did before. So it could also be a Working on a Dream pt 2  https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/07/08/upcoming-springsteen-albu

That's because it is a masterpiece...

I'm fine with this

Posted Images

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I wonder if we will see Bruce and the ESB do a residency somewhere rather than a full scale tour again.

10 nights at MSG or the Meadowlands (I know it's changed it's name but I can't remember what it's new name is).

5 nights at the 02 in London...5 at the Bercy in Paris.

Adelaide and our state of South Australia is currently free of any active COVID cases... we have an empty Entertainment Centre sitting here ready and waiting...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’m the other way I think. Give me as much new material via new records as he can.

Archve stuff wouldn’t go amiss either of course!!

Less bothered about a tour unless it’s majorly scaled down band wise. 

We know very little about what may or may not be in the archives from the reported country sessions in 1987 onwards in terms of actual songs. Unlike the period up to BITUSA where outtakes and alternate versions are widely in circulation on bootlegs, any archive material from 1987 on that he may release would effectively be new music to us anyway.

I'm not one of these 'give me classic era E Street or give me death' type folks, I'm very interested in hearing what else he has written and recorded in the last 30 years or so

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Wait what?

OK a more serious answer then.

Somewhere in 1987-Summer-, when Tunnel Of Love was still just the name of a Dire Straits song, news came out Bruce Springsteen was recording a new studio album with country musicians from Nashville.

In context: Bruce was still the biggest rock star in the world then (not counting U2 as a 'rock star' but as a band), so this was not news only publised in Bruce Springsteen fan magazines, but really hot news in general music magazines.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

That's right; and because the fanbase is not getting younger too.

However would it not be very strange if Bruce the famous (or notorious) control freak who drove everyone mad with his super-perfection during recording sessions, would not already have arranged these things, in his will and other documents, to prevent a Jimi Hendrix-like (or Jeff Buckley-like) exploitation of his legacy?

This all not reason to not release Electric Nebraska, the 1994 hip hop album, the 1987 country album, the 2010 country album, Tracks 2, Nebraska box, BUSA box and Tunnel Of Love Tour DVD (or Tunnel Of Love box) during his lifetime (better: ASAP as you said). 

I am always intrigued by the thought of that lost hip hop album as i love Missing

As usual you raise an excellent point

Its just i get very distressed seeing an add on t.v. here for (i think my) a bank add using a very slowed down completely butchered David Bowie's changes sung by some random woman who can't hold a tune

Im sure you are right fingers crossed

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Adelaide and our state of South Australia is currently free of any active COVID cases... we have an empty Entertainment Centre sitting here ready and waiting...

I was going to offer up our facilities for a residency but not if that dam Aussie promoter insists on Jimmy Barnes being the support act again - 2 nights in a row of Jimmy was much too much

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I am always intrigued by the thought of that lost hip hop album as i love Missing

:blink:

I love Missing, but it's a million miles away from "hip hop".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

OK a more serious answer then.

Somewhere in 1987-Summer-, when Tunnel Of Love was still just the name of a Dire Straits song, news came out Bruce Springsteen was recording a new studio album with country musicians from Nashville.

In context: Bruce was still the biggest rock star in the world then (not counting U2 as a 'rock star' but as a band), so this was not news only publised in Bruce Springsteen fan magazines, but really hot news in general music magazines.

 

Wow that’s news to me!  I don’t doubt you but I have never before heard of him doing anything in Nashville in 1987.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rizla said:

:blink:

I love Missing, but it's a million miles away from "hip hop".

Maybe we need to call the hip hop album the hip hop inspired album 

Like how we now call the other band the 1992-93 touring band 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lampi said:

The 1987 country album.

 

I never knew there were two lost country albums. :o

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Wow that’s news to me!  I don’t doubt you but I have never before heard of him doing anything in Nashville in 1987.

 

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

I never knew there were two lost country albums. :o

From Brucebase:

'Sometime in June, Bruce found himself at Kren Studio on Sunset Boulevard, playing with several Nashville session players that were hanging out. Kren, which had opened only a few months earlier, was owned by Ken Suesov, who worked with Merle Haggard, so Springsteen knew what he would find there. His partners were Jay Dee Maness on pedal steel guitar, Richard Greene on fiddle, and James “Jimmie” Wood, who was playing harmonica. Wood, who had a band called the Immortals, had been known as "The Boss Of Kings Himself… The Immortal Jimmie Wood", and played punk and other styles before his latest phase. The content of these sessions is shrouded in mystery, but upon finding out somebody had leaked his activities to the press, Springsteen got upset and terminated the sessions. The only music that made the album was a harmonica piece that Wood did, which was overdubbed on the already recorded "Spare Parts". Springsteen took the tapes and returned to New Jersey.'

The Rolling Stone from 24 September 1987 (according to The Rolling Stones files; always nice to have these things at hand); says the musicians were used for recording Tunnel Of Love. Which is either a mistake-worng information or they indeed recorded Tunnel songs, so not a lost country album then. Just like the 1994 album, after all those years it is still not clear what was recorded. 

Rolling Stone also says Tunnel Of Love is a 'sensual' album...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 7:44 AM, Accountant Pete said:

Don't worry, if Nils is with Neil there is always Tom Morello:ph34r:.

Tom Morello would be better suited to fill in for Nils than Stevie I guess, considering their respective roles in the band, with Stevies role as Bruce’ sideman being more important than his guitar contribution, while the oposite is the case for Nils.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 11:31 AM, MacBruce said:

Nils is an official member of the E Street Band, i'm not sure what his status is with Crazy Horse or if push came to shove what band he would be contracted to play in. 

I still have my optimistic head on that a vaccine will be found for this virus a lot sooner than we think at the moment.


I really hope your right about the vaccine.

Not sure if Nils is really an official member of Crazy Horse, I think the Neil Young tour was supposed to be with an expanded version Crazy Horse...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the-chickenman said:


I really hope your right about the vaccine.

Not sure if Nils is really an official member of Crazy Horse, I think the Neil Young tour was supposed to be with an expanded version Crazy Horse...

I think Nils is an official member now - Poncho Sampedro, the previous guitarist, is enjoying a nice retirement in Hawaii. Nils played on Colorado, the Horse’s last album, and has played shows as a member - not sure about the upcoming tour but it sounded like straight up Crazy Horse as a foursome (but not 100%!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 2:52 AM, BobbyJames said:

I think he would always prioritise Bruce, especially given it will (I’m guessing) be a better money-maker. 

I think there are probably very few sideman gigs in rock and roll that pay better than a tour with Neil Young. Touring with the E Street Bad, one suspects, is very much one of those rare gigs which pay even more handsomely.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 7:28 AM, SoulBoogieAlex said:

 

1741_-_Slip_Super_Plus_M.jpg

Avert your eyes, anyone who doesn't want to actually know about the bodily functions of rock stars:

Bill Bruford, original drummer of Yes, later of King Crimson and even briefly--for the first post-Peter Gabriel tour--live drummer for Genesis, wrote in his autobiography that backstage, just out of sight of the audience, is a bathroom. And by "bathroom," I actually mean "bucket."

You're welcome!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Growin' Up said:
16 hours ago, Rizla said:

:blink:

I love Missing, but it's a million miles away from "hip hop".

More like clippety-clop 

I don't understand what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Avert your eyes, anyone who doesn't want to actually know about the bodily functions of rock stars:

Bill Bruford, original drummer of Yes, later of King Crimson and even briefly--for the first post-Peter Gabriel tour--live drummer for Genesis, wrote in his autobiography that backstage, just out of sight of the audience, is a bathroom. And by "bathroom," I actually mean "bucket."

You're welcome!

That doesn't surprise me at all.

But can someone tell me why Americans are so reluctant to use the word "toilet"? 
A bathroom by definition has a bath (or tub, if you prefer) in it.  I don't understand why this word is used as a euphemism for toilet when there are so many synonyms available, both polite and less so.  The same goes for "restroom".  Nobody ever rested in a toilet by choice.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...