Greasy Lake Community

Nils Hints New Album ......

2 hours ago, Rizla said:

That doesn't surprise me at all.

But can someone tell me why Americans are so reluctant to use the word "toilet"? 
A bathroom by definition has a bath (or tub, if you prefer) in it.  I don't understand why this word is used as a euphemism for toilet when there are so many synonyms available, both polite and less so.  The same goes for "restroom".  Nobody ever rested in a toilet by choice.

I’m married with four daughters. I’m sending this response out from the bathroom where I am sitting on the toilet, long after my business in here has been completed. I’m finding this pretty restful at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Lampi said:

From Brucebase:

'Sometime in June, Bruce found himself at Kren Studio on Sunset Boulevard, playing with several Nashville session players that were hanging out. Kren, which had opened only a few months earlier, was owned by Ken Suesov, who worked with Merle Haggard, so Springsteen knew what he would find there. His partners were Jay Dee Maness on pedal steel guitar, Richard Greene on fiddle, and James “Jimmie” Wood, who was playing harmonica. Wood, who had a band called the Immortals, had been known as "The Boss Of Kings Himself… The Immortal Jimmie Wood", and played punk and other styles before his latest phase. The content of these sessions is shrouded in mystery, but upon finding out somebody had leaked his activities to the press, Springsteen got upset and terminated the sessions. The only music that made the album was a harmonica piece that Wood did, which was overdubbed on the already recorded "Spare Parts". Springsteen took the tapes and returned to New Jersey.'

The Rolling Stone from 24 September 1987 (according to The Rolling Stones files; always nice to have these things at hand); says the musicians were used for recording Tunnel Of Love. Which is either a mistake-worng information or they indeed recorded Tunnel songs, so not a lost country album then. Just like the 1994 album, after all those years it is still not clear what was recorded. 

Rolling Stone also says Tunnel Of Love is a 'sensual' album...

I'm still not sure which was the second lost country album?

And Tunnel is not sensual, what were they thinking... He's not Lionel Ritchie.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

I think there are probably very few sideman gigs in rock and roll that pay better than a tour with Neil Young. Touring with the E Street Bad, one suspects, is very much one of those rare gigs which pay even more handsomely.

As both a guitarist and a huge fan of both Bruce and Neil, you have no idea how jealous I am of Nils - to play those shows and songs with the E Street Band and then to play with Neil in the most free-spirited band going, wow. What an insane career he has lead. Testament to both his talent and his character - there’s nobody more dependable!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I'm still not sure which was the second lost country album?

The country album from 2010 which was apparently finished and ready for release, according to Bruce himself in interviews from around that time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

Ok, give me 3 Springsteen's sensual songs.

Girls In Their Summer Clothes? As title of the song, not what the song is about.

Tougher Than The Rest? The way Patti and Bruce look at each other in the video is, well, sensual.

Candy's Room?

Red Headed Woman?:ph34r: Leap Of Faith?:ph34r: 

All Or Nothin' At All?:ph34r: (This maybe not sensual but more, indeed, All Or Nothin' At All, and one can suspect in case of 'All',  not wasting time but straight to the finishline, and fast).

The literally quote from the Rolling Stone article by Kurt Loder, 24 September 1987: '[...] Tunnel of Love is said by those few people who have heard it to be Springsteen's most sensually direct work to date'.

Also: '[...] the new LP [...] is said to be largely about love, a subject in which he's apparently developed a renewed interest since his marriage to model Julianne Philips'. 

The article ends with some very prophetic words about 'all the media hoopla that will inevitably erupt around it'. (meant to be around the album, of course; with Bruce in the eye of the hurricane after the pictures from Rome).

• Like 2

Straight up the ass is not sensual.

What the song really is about is 'the smile coming out  'neath your hat was all I'll ever need' and that is not sensual too.

Or maybe it is.

• Like 1

What is a sensual song any way ?

If i wanted to listen to sugary romantic pop there were planty of places to go to in 1984

Ill take the brutal reality of loneliness and possible regrete any day 

She said we could just sleep together, there'd be nothing wrong
We could just hold each other with our clothes on
I went to answer, I don't think we should
Then I heard a voice say, yeah I guess we could
She kissed me lightly and said you know sometimes when you're down
It's the little things that count
It's the little things

She said it was too late, and I shouldn't try to drive
She unbuttoned my shirt and whispered just close your eyes
Let me take your boots off, you know sometimes when your luck's run out
It's the little things

Her dress rode lightly as she walked
Then she pulled the covers down

I was so dry, she held a water glass to my lips
Well the polish on her nail was chipped
She said she had a boyfriend I reminded her of
His hair was the same muddy brown, she stuck her tongue in my mouth

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse team up for a joint tour with Bruce and the E Street Band, with Nils playing in both bands. Problem solved.... 

Imagine the price of the ticket :lol:

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Straight up the ass is not sensual.

What the song really is about is 'the smile coming out  'neath your hat was all I'll ever need' and that is not sensual too.

Or maybe it is.

It isn't, you're right. Sensual sex would have occurred with that woman with the hat... 

• Like 1

Reno is about so much more than anal sex

Its like that may (or may not) be going on, but its in the background just like its cloudy out in Pittsburg 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rizla said:

The Fuse

I'm not sure. It's a song about the abuse of power, at least this is my interpretation. 

• Like 1

Anyway, sorry for taking this thread off topic with this sensual songs naming... :)

So presumably Nils is talking about the same album Bruce was mentioning last fall, the album he was writing for the band?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

I think there are probably very few sideman gigs in rock and roll that pay better than a tour with Neil Young. Touring with the E Street Bad, one suspects, is very much one of those rare gigs which pay even more handsomely.

This is probably right, still gotta feel for Nils if he’d had to let Neil down.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, BobbyJames said:

I think he would always prioritise Bruce, especially given it will (I’m guessing) be a better money-maker. That said, would anyone be interested in an E Street tour with just Bruce and SVZ on guitars if Nils chose the Horse? 

I’d miss Nils every minute of every show I’d attend, but its still the greatest live band around, IMO. Would people rather prefer just Bruce and Stevie on guitars over Tom Morello filling in? 

Stevie was amazing on The River tour four years ago as oposed to 2012-14 when he often just dissappeared in the background. I always assumed that had to to with the big band Bruce toured with those three years, but maybe it was just the fact that it was more River/Stevie songs four years ago?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the-chickenman said:

I’d miss Nils every minute of every show I’d attend, but its still the greatest live band around, IMO. Would people rather prefer just Bruce and Stevie on guitars over Tom Morello filling in? 

Stevie was amazing on The River tour four years ago as oposed to 2012-14 when he often just dissappeared in the background. I always assumed that had to to with the big band Bruce toured with those three years, but maybe it was just the fact that it was more River/Stevie songs four years ago?

YES ! 

JUST BRUCE AND STEVE 

IM YELLING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME FROM WAY DOWN HERE 

besides Bruce is actually a great guitar player 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silvia said:
12 hours ago, Rizla said:

The Fuse

I'm not sure. It's a song about the abuse of power, at least this is my interpretation. 

It doesn't matter what the song is "about".  It's still damn sexy, whatever else is going on in the background.

• Like 1